Chapter 27

~Scarlett/Sera~

Sheldon is happy today. The creases on his forehead, dullness in his eyes and the paleness on his face are all gone. He pulls me closer to him and snuggles into my hair. 

I woke up a few hours ago and have been playing with his hair for a while now. 

I sit up a little without disturbing him. He, as if on instinct, places his head on my lap and hugs me by my legs. I close my eyes, trying to focus. But how can Mr. Sheldon Smith Parker let that happen. He keeps groaning and distracting me.

"What is it, snowman!" I snap. "Hey, don't call me that!" He whines and I chuckle. "When have I ever heard anything you told me." I smile and he pouts.

"What is it? Why are you so grumpy this early in the morning?" I ask him as he groans again. 

"You aren't providing me cozy corner!" He whines like a kid and goes back to sleeping. I giggle and replace my lap with a pillow. 

I open a portal and walk through it. I see Eric, Roland and Kenn sleeping as if there's no tomorrow. I intentionally raise the room's temperature to that of discomfort. 

They start stirring but refuse to wake up. Huh?

I literally put their bed on fire before they finally decide to greet their Goddess. They instantly jump off the bed and I am so glad to see them bowing in their boxers. Ugh.

"It's Shel's birthday today and apparently he either doesn't remember or he's waiting to see if we do."

"Oh yes. But wait, I thought you guys were together?" Eric questions. "Yes we were. I am planning on surprising him. What say?" I chime. "Whatever you're planning we're in!" Roland laughs. 

"Better get ready you three. Kenn I might need you to get over your drowsiness, I'll speak to Moon about helping you with it." He nods, almost yawning. 

I open the portal and jump to the other side as I spot the birthday boy up already, rustling his way through my drawers.

"What the hell are you looking for?" I almost yell as he reaches my dresser. 

"What are you looking for?" I ask more with more emphasis. He turns around and smirks.

"I was looking for my shirt." Uh-oh. I smile sheepishly at him. I move towards my dresser and open the last drawer. "You have a drawer full of my clothes?" He questions, surprised. 

"I have been preserving at least one shirt of yours ever since our first reincarnation." He looks at me in utter astonishment. 
"I knew that until I'll get you back, I'll have to wait for years... So I kept one of your shirts with me keeping them with me to make sure that if one day I feel tired I can come back home and wear one of them or just hold them close to me..." and I trail off as he hugs me tight. 

"I wish I could change what happened." He whispers. "No. I don't want anything to change. Everything that happened has made us what we are, who we are. Its the curse that prove our love and made it immortal." I smile into his chest.

"Okay. So I have another question. I was going around your drawers, and I came across a magically protected hidden and camouflaged corner near your table. What can that be?" He says as if he's Sherlock Holmes. 

I hit his chest as we both laugh. "No, seriously what is it?" He asks earnestly.

I take his hand and take him there. "Revelare" [Reveal] I say out loud as I dispose off some of my heat as identification at the hidden compartment.

We hear a rumbling sound as the door next to my table appears. I move my finger to move the table and clear our way.

"Wait. This was not a small compartment?" He whisper shouts. I laugh at his funny face. "Why are you whispering!" I laugh. As I walk the door opens up and my personal hell lights up. As I walk through the door frame my magic disappears and my original form takes over the mortal form.

Same happens with Shalom. I look back as he checks himself out. "I sealed it with a spell. No one not even me can walk into it with any other form than the one their souls carry." 

"Why do call it your hell?" I quietly move forward, with him following me right behind. I stop once I notice we are at the entrance of the room. I turn around. "Praetexo" [Conceal]. I utter as I absorb the revealing magic into my finger tips. 

I place my hand in front of me and radiate my roux. As the pathway gets cleared I see Shalom summon a lamp for light. He looks around and I let my magic flow. the room is surrounded by high flames of fire instead of walls, the floor is as that of embers. I walk in, it's been a while I came here. 

"Okay... Now this got pretty dense. What is all this Sera?" He asks me as he tried to balance himself on the heat.

"This is my makeshift soul. I am made entirely of stardust but I absorb stardust too, of every soul that dies. That stardust has to collected somewhere in order to create new life in the Sky but it has to be disposed. If I don't it overwhelms me and that heat forces me to visit the Enchanted river. 

Then I came across a way. Dad helped me with it, to dispose stardust I had to be in the Sky but given we are stuck here we created this room. These flames are fragments or say, they are representations of the souls that were absorbed into me." I looks up his face showing utter shock.

"All this, these flames, this heat all this is what you suffer? Wait! You are practically fire, how is this ground burning you?" He practically freaks out.