forty

How stunning you look all vulnerable under me

Chaeyoung's pov

''So then, what's the plan?'' asked Jisoo.

''Wait, you would really help me with this?'' I muttered with wide eyes.

''Yes of course, what did you think? We're totally in this with you,'' it was now Jennie who replied, sipping on her cup of tea.

''Thank you,'' I sighed in relief, ''well,'' I pondered, rubbing my hands together anxiously, ''I was thinking we could pretend to go out together? I would meet you two by the entrance and then we would go our own ways, me after Jungkook and you two could go wherever you would like. Then later we would meet up and come back together,'' the two girls glanced at each other before turning back to me, nodding.

''That could work.''

Biting my lip I watched them silently with my clammy hands clasped tightly in my lap.

''I don't think this is a good idea,'' I whined silently, burying my face in my palms.

I hated this.

''Why? What's wrong?''

''Everything! What I'm doing right now is just...so wrong. And I'm dragging you two into this as well.'' there was a shorter silence before I heard Jisoo sigh.

''He called this upon himself, he shouldn't have forbidden you to meet up with Jungkook.''

''I know but...I don't like lying to him. I feel so...dirty.'' Jennie came to sit down next to me, rubbing my back.

''Did you think of telling him?''

''Of course, I did. But I'm scared.''

''Scared of what?'' I looked up at them, pursing my lips.

''That he'll get mad at me? That I'll make him angry and distant again. We've been doing so well lately, I don't want to ruin it...''

''He likes you Chae. I'm sure with some explaining, he will understand,'' muttered Jisoo, searching my eyes. I looked away, gulping.

Will he really?

I watched nervously as he stood in front of his closet, taking off his tie before loosening his cuffs. I was an anxious mess ever since I entered this godforsaken chamber, the fabric of the red gown feeling unusually itchy on my skin.

I didn't have enough time to think thoroughly about this. At least it didn't feel like enough time for me. I wasn't ready but it had to be done. Coming clean is the best decision I could go for right now.