thirty-two

Falling

Chaeyoung's pov

Chaeyoung's pov

The subtle sound of rocking curtains woke me up from my sleep, the soft sound blending with the chirping of birds outside.

My eyes felt too heavy for me to open them at first so I stayed lying down, enjoying the soft comfort of the silky pillow and sheets I was tangled into.

After a few moments, I finally forced myself to open my eyes, squinting them as soon as the harsh sunlight blinded me.

"Gosh," I groaned silently, stretching my limbs tiredly. I brought my palms up to my face, rubbing my closed eyes with the tips of my fingers.

My face was still a bit puffy from yesterday's night, I had to look like a disaster at the moment.

I turned around lazily, turning away from the open balcony as the light shining through was still uncomfortable to my unadjusted sight.

Opening my eyes again I froze for a moment in shock, noticing I was just a few inches away from the king who was still asleep.

Only now I registered his arm that hung limply across my waist, his warm, steady breath fanning my puffy cheeks.

Biting my lip I inspected his face for a long moment, smiling to myself eventually at his peaceful state.

I raised my hand up, pulling the messy bangs away from his face before running my fingers through his hair, sighing softly.

It was hard not getting attached to this man. Especially now, that I was already trapped in this mess anyway. My heart seemed to be getting pulled in with every single breath he took, with every single moment I was in his presence.

I widened my eyes slightly, watching as the king frowned in his sleep just to mumble something I couldn't make out afterward. Humming he inched closer, tucking himself into my chest while wrapping his both arms around me lightly.

I giggled, watching as he proceeded on sleeping soundly, his calm and stable breath tickling my skin. Wrapping my arms around his neck I pulled him closer, nuzzling my face into his hair with a sigh.

It hurt, it still did and I was sure it was not going to stop any time soon. Before I even managed to realize my heart belonged to him, he was already yearning for the heart of someone else.

But it was alright. It didn't even matter anymore. I still ached, but as long as I was with him, everything was going to be fine. I was fine. The feeling of having someone you can care about so deeply and honestly was enough for me. As long as he was here, and I was here with him as well, I didn't need anything else in return.

I was okay.

3. person