ten

Sueji

"By the way, who's the guy who's always sticking around the king? The one who waved at you earlier?" I asked Jisoo, lifting up my eyebrow in question

"By the way, who's the guy who's always sticking around the king? The one who waved at you earlier?" I asked Jisoo, lifting up my eyebrow in question. I was sitting on the carpeted floor with my chin lying against my forearms on the armrest next to her who was seated in the armchair at the back of the chamber. Jennie was sitting next to me, silently sipping on a hot chocolate.

Jisoo scoffed at my question silently, causing Jennie to chuckle and me to raise my head up with a wonder.

"Just a creep, no one important." she muttered with a slight pout and I glanced at Jennie who wiggled her eyebrows at her who was trying to avoid her look.

"That was Jin. Our friend and Jisoo's confessor." my eyes widened as I snapped my head in Jisoo's direction who gaped at Jennie with tinted cheeks.

"No he's not! Don't listen to her nonsense Chae, he's just an annoying fool." she grumbled and crossed her arms across her chest, sending subtle glares in Jennie's direction. I chuckled at her behavior, finding her bashful self-defense adorable.

"He's a really nice guy, you're just being too harsh on him. You should meet him soon Chaeyoung, I'm sure you two will get along well. He's an easy-going guy, a little on the weird side but still a great friend." said Jennie with a wide grin, making me return one as well. The way she talked about him so fondly made me excited for my first official encounter with him. But one thing didn't stop bugging me, making me a frown a little.

"But he looks like he's a always around the king. Isn't he an aristocrat or something?"

"He is but that doesn't change the fact that he's a nice guy. Not all aristocrats are greedy thickheads. He is king's best friend and adviser so he's really busy most of the time but he still hangs around us from time to time." said Jennie and leaned closer to me, giving Jisoo a smug side-glance. "He especially always finds his time to hang out with Jisoo."

"Yah!" we laughed as Jisoo's face turned ten times redder as she glared at both of us.

A loud knock on the door interrupted our fit of laughs, the other brides in the chamber turning their heads towards the door as well. The guy who I remembered was Yeonjun walked in, the girls in the room starting to murmur between each other at his presence.

"Sueji, the king calls for you." I turned my head in Sueji's direction who was sitting on the big pile of pillows all the way in the back next to us, a book nestled in her lap. She glanced up with an irritated look, a loud sigh escaping her lips.

Me and Sueji haven't talked much since I came here, she looked more like the type who isolates herself from others, hanging around only few people. But either way, I wanted to get to know her better, she actually looked like a really nice person. "Make sure to be in his chamber at 10 PM sharp, or else a punishment's awaiting you." I gasped silently at his words, looking at Sueji with widened eyes.