seven

The red dress

"Calling for me?" I muttered, glancing in between the girls before turning back towards the guy standing in my door

"Calling for me?" I muttered, glancing in between the girls before turning back towards the guy standing in my door. "What does he-"

"Thanks for informing us Yeonjun! We'll take it from here, bye!" Jisoo interrupted me suddenly, jumping down from the bed and racing towards him. She pushed him out of the room and closed the door in his face harshly after giving him a sweet smile. I looked at her perplexed, wondering why she would push him out so rudely.

"Unnie, what was-" I silenced myself seeing her uneasy and alarmed expression. I frowned walking towards her. "Is everything okay? What is the meaning of this? You look like you've seen a ghost." I chuckled uneasily, trying to loosen up the stiff atmosphere in the room.

"Chaeyoung, it's time." I looked behind me at Jennie who was looking down at her lap with a frown. I titled my head, thinking about what she said.

"It's time? Time for wh-" I stiffed as the realization hit me suddenly, making my breath hitch in my throat painfully.

"We still have time for that, we don't want to ruin your first day here now, do we? Let's go, we still haven't toured around the third floor. The best part of the whole palace!"

"Let's not talk about it right now, we'll explain everything when the time comes."

"Oh..." I muttered looking blankly at nothing in particular, the weight of Jennie's words making me struggle with my breath. My clammy fists tightened around the fabric of my dress, the pressure on my chest became greater as I realized what's about to happen, shock and stress overwhelmed me completely.

I-I am not ready at all...

"Chaeyoung..." I turned to look at Jisoo who was holding my shoulder, giving me a reassuring smile. "You'll be fine, don't worry. Let's get you ready while we also explain some things you need to know. We have one hour till the clock strikes nine."

I stood in front of the giant golden door, trying to calm my unsteady breathing. I ran my eyes across the patterns on the door while thinking of everything Jisoo and the girls told me in the span of one hour. My mind was a mess as I looked down at the deep-red robe I was wearing, taking the silk ribbon tied around my waist in between my fingers, caressing the soft fabric deep in thoughts.

"I thought you told me these dresses are for special occasions?" I asked with confusion, glancing at Jisoo who was intensely looking through the racks of red dresses in my closet.

When Jisoo showed me the red dresses for the first time yesterday, I found it really strange. I never heard of brides wearing red dresses before. Apparently, just like the white ones, these were also made by the castle sewer himself, only for brides to wear.