forty-seven

Monster

''You shouldn't have let them go,'' growled Taehyung as him and Sueji rushed up the stairs towards the Brides' rooms

''There was a child crying, he was hurt! They just wanted to take him and quickly come back-''

''I gave you orders!''

''They just wanted to help!'' she exclaimed in distress, glaring at him.

Taehyung clenched his jaw, staying silent.

Of course they would want to help. Especially Chaeyoung, he knew her well enough. She was always reckless when it came to helping others. She was too good to him, too good to everyone and it drove him to madness.

Finally reaching the third floor, they passed the Brides' chamber where the rest of the girls were poking their heads out from the door in worry. Turning a corner in the dimply lit corridor, Sueji looked around, biting her lip.

''It happened somewhere around here, we didn't see them,'' she trailed off, looking at Taehyung who went ahead, eyes glued to one certain spot in suffocating silence. Frowning, she watched as he crouched down slowly. Nearing him, she widened her eyes noticing a golden necklace with a heart pendant lying on the floor.

Hesitantly, Taehyung took the fragile jewelry between his fingers, his own heart pummeling down to the ground.

''Is it theirs?'' trembled Sueji, squeezing the fabric of her dress in her clammy palms.
''Chaeyoung's,'' came the quiet answer, and the girl shuddered in her skin.

She couldn't see his face, but the ground beneath her was shaking and the air around her got heavier, so much heavier her nostrils burned.

Taehyung stood up, the necklace clenched tight in his fist, his head bowed down to the ground. Gulping, Sueji took a cautious step back, her chest feeling so heavy with the lack of air it was difficult to keep balance on her own two feet.

To her relief, frantic steps approached them from behind her and turning around, she spotted Seokjin running their way.

''The girls told me what happened,'' he reached the two breathing heavily. Looking at his unmoving friend he clenched his jaw, his whole demeanor shifting drastically as he sensed the tense air around them, ''is it true?'' he turned to her, so tense she has never seen him this way before.

And then she realized. Jisoo was there too.

''Yes,'' she muttered, looking down.

She heard him take in a sharp breath before he looked at the man who was still standing with his back facing them, not having moved once since his friend's arrival.

''What now?''

There was a short silence before Taehyung turned around, face still as a stone yet his eyes spoke of slaughter.