Chapter 9 [Why Are You Back So Soon!?]

When he flew back from Hong Kong, Tzuyu didn't bring anything with him except for the clothes on his back and the items in his suitcase. He came back in a great hurry. Tzuyu just wanted to go home and see Sana. But now that he was standing in front of their familiar gate, looking at the light coming out from the windows, he suddenly felt a little timid.

The lights were still on. Was Sana still up? She would probably be surprised to see him. Or will she ask him why he came back all of a sudden? How should he answer?

But no matter how anxious and uneasy he felt, his need to see Sana right this instant surpassed all his misgivings. Tzuyu took out his keys and opened the front door.

In the warm living room, Sana was soundly asleep on the sofa. But Chu Wu, who had been lying next to her, suddenly pricked up his ears.

Click.

Hearing the sound of the door opening, Chu Wu leaped up from the sofa and walked a few steps towards the door, his eyes alert. With his hind legs bent, Chu Wu growled low. But when the front door finally opened, Chu Wu smelled the familiar scent of his Dad, and his eyes became peaceful. He began to pant softly, and his tail started to sway back and forth.

As Tzuyu closed the front door, he saw Chu Wu wagging his tail happily. Following the sound of the unfinished movie, they both slowly walked towards the sofa. There, Tzuyu saw Sana wrapped in a beige blanket, sleeping soundly.

Sana seemed to be sleeping very well. Her chubby cheeks were tinged with a faint red, and her soft hair was hanging down her face. It rose and fell every time Sana took a breath. Tzuyu squatted down and reached out to help lift her hair off her face. It was just that his fingers were too cold. Just as they touched Sana's cheek, she murmured out uncomfortably.

Tzuyu quickly pulled back his hand, thinking that Sana was waking up. He looked at her, nervous, but after waiting a while, Sana didn't wake and continued to sleep quietly. The tense Tzuyu gradually relaxed, then thought about the heat he felt when he had briefly touched Sana. He became worried.

Did she have a fever? Tzuyu wanted to reach out again and try to feel Sana's forehead, but he was afraid that he might wake her. Tzuyu got up in a hurry and went to fetch the medicine box. He opened it and took out an infrared thermometer. He tested Sana and saw that her temperature was normal. Tzuyu sighed in relief.

He put down the thermometer, then bent down. After securing the blanket wrapped around Sana, Tzuyu picked her up and slowly walked up the stairs.

"Woo??" Seeing Father suddenly take Mother away, Chu Wu made a confused sound. But in the end, he obediently laid back down on the carpet.

Tzuyu gently placed Sana on the master bed. He pulled the quilt up to cover her properly, then sat on the bed, dazedly staring at Sana's sleeping figure like a fool.

He didn't know how long he sat there in the dim light, but Tzuyu startled when Sana's body turned towards him, causing one of her hands to emerge from the quilt.

Tzuyu was afraid that she might get cold, so he reached for Sana's exposed hand, wanting to put it back under the quilt again. But just as Tzuyu was about to touch her, he hesitated. His gaze fell to Sana's slender fingers. There lay the wedding ring he had put on her.

As if possessed, Tzuyu raised his left hand and gently placed it beside Sana's.

It was a picture he's seen before. It looked exactly like a poster he had happened to pass- two hands, a pair of wedding rings. Beautiful and harmonious.

Tzuyu's fingers moved until they touched Sana's. Carefully at first, before becoming bolder. Greedy, Tzuyu moved his hand until it rested below Sana's open hand. Then, he lowered his head, giving the back of Sana's hand a soft kiss.