Chapter 39 [I Will Become Stronger For You]

Father Minatozaki liked collecting wine, so Sana picked a 50-year-old bottle of wine from Tzuyu's pile of presents. Tzuyu knew that Mother Minatozaki had a weak body, so he had prepared many different types of supplements as gifts, but Sana knew that her mother couldn't eat too many. In the end, she picked out an embroidered silk scarf as her mother's gift.

"Just these two?" Tzuyu was uncertain as he held the wine and the scarf.

"Yes." Sana nodded.

"Isn't this too little? I've prepared a lot, why don't you pick some more?" Although the gifts he had prepared were very valuable, Tzuyu had always felt timid and inferior when facing his in-laws.

"You're afraid you won't be able to finish this pile?" Sana had no words. "In the future, we'll visit every week."

"Every week?" Tzuyu was a little stunned.

"What? You don't want to?" Sana raised a brow.

Tzuyu didn't dare contradict her and frantically shook his head.

"That's more like it. Alright, let's go in." Sana smiled and walked back into the house with Tzuyu.

Father Minatozaki and Mother Minatozaki were sitting in the living room, reading a newspaper, and peeling an apple. When Sana and Tzuyu entered the room, the old couple looked up but didn't take the initiative to say hello.

The atmosphere was a bit awkward. Sana wanted to say something to lighten the mood, but Tzuyu stepped forward before she could say anything. He lifted the presents, and respectfully greeted: "Dad, Mom, sorry I'm late."

Father Minatozaki glanced at Tzuyu, shook the newspaper in his hands, and continued to ignore him.

Mother Minatozaki looked at her husband. Nobody knew what she was thinking, but surprisingly, she didn't make a sound. Mother Minatozaki simply lowered her head and continued to peel the apple in her hands.

Tzuyu was a bit embarrassed. As expected, father-in-law and mother-in-law still don't like him. Tzuyu smiled and placed the presents on the coffee table that was in front of the old couple.

"I bought some gifts, I hope you like them."

"Un." Father Minatozaki finally acknowledged his presence, but his eyes never left the newspaper.

However, Tzuyu was already delighted. He couldn't help but looked back at Sana, a big smile on his face. His expression showed he was clearly asking for praise, saying: Look, your dad accepted the gift!

But Sana wasn't as easy to satisfy as Tzuyu. She ran to her father, angrily grabbed the newspaper from his hands and said: "Dad, why are you reading a newspaper you've already read this morning? Tzuyu is talking to you, ah."

"How do you know I read it this morning?" Father Minatozaki retorted. "You weren't here this morning."

"Mom." Sana saw her father acting like a rouge, and turned to her mother for help.

Mother Minatozaki grinned and put down the fruit knife she was holding. She looked at her husband and said: "Alright, alright, you can end your pretentious act. Otherwise, Sana chan will get anxious."

Father Minatozaki finally looked up at Tzuyu. However, it didn't matter if Father Minatozaki looked at him or not, either way, he was angry at the man. What's more, this stinky boy had the gall to bow his head and smirk in front of him!

"What are you laughing for?" Father Minatozaki snapped.

"Nothing." Tzuyu quickly wiped the smile off his face. He hadn't expected Sana to protect him from his father-in-law. He got so happy he couldn't hold back a smile.