Chapter 19: Hog's Head

Little did I know at the time but that nook under the stairs quickly became Draco and my new hiding spot. When pestered about how he came to find this place- for I knew that hiding me from Pansy was not the first-time Draco visited this nook- he admitted that Blaise may have happened to know this place from his own ventures.

"But doesn't that sound just a little bit sketch that both of you bring your girlfriends to the same spot to hide?"

"Well I wouldn't be hiding if it weren't for you and your pathetic excuse of friends-"

"Hey- I'm not the one making enemies of every friend I have!"

"Oh," Draco said, feigning disbelief, "So am I supposed to forget the whole hiding from Pansy ordeal that happened the other day?" I automatically flicked him on the cheek before the pair of us burst into laughter.

"What girls does Blaise go after? Asking out of curiosity of course," I added at the glance Draco shot me at the question.

"Purebloods of course. With tons of money. Usually a Slytherin-"

"Oh, so I'm his type," I said in surprise, making Draco feign a glare at my stupidity. "All this time I thought he found me annoying."

"He does find you annoying. So get off that high horse-"

"What about me does he find annoying? I'm curious," I said through a teasing smile, looking up at Draco who was not entirely happy over the way this conversation sidelined.

"Why do you care?"

"Because," I went on, battering my eyes, "I enjoy teasing your friends. Nott is easy though he's two-faced but Blaise always acts rude around me. And I'm sure you know the reason. Tell me," I added as Draco put a hand to my mouth to shut me up. He shook his head as he started to smile at my growing impatience. I flicked at his wrist, making his hand move and repeated the question. Sighing in defeat, though not losing that smug smile of his, he relented.

"He thinks you're too dramatic."

"I'm dramatic?" I repeated in outrage to Draco, unfazed. He seemed to be expecting this reaction. "If he's so against drama, why is he friends with you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Draco shot back with a frown that had me snicker.

"Draco, you remember how many times I've made fun of you for your imitations of people? It's called being dramatic-"

"Well everyone seems to find my imitations funny actually, not that you'd know," He said back, nose in the air, making me laugh again and Draco to falter with another one of his smug looks.

"Take a guess of who Blaise is with now?" Draco asked, peaking my interest.

"Hmm, Astoria Greengrass?" Draco blanked for a moment before looking dumbfounded at me.

"The third year? Are you mental? 'course not. He's with Poppy Selywen."

"Poppy Selywen?" I said with a meaning that showed my thoughts on the matter: disgust. Draco simply nodded, as if agreeing with my thoughts exactly.

"The one in the sixth year that walks like bambi?"

"Who?"

"She's dumber than a sack of bricks!" I explained, ignoring his question. "Even with that pretty face of hers you can tell there's nothing there," I added, pointing to the middle of my forehead.

I looked up in surprise to hear Draco laughing at me though I had no idea why.

"What?" I asked, feeling oddly self-conscious. He tugged on one of my curls before turning on me.