Chapter 36: Blood Lines

* I'll post again next week on Friday. See you then!*
Jacqueline's owl arrived a few days later, following a rather intense D.A. meeting where everyone appeared with a particular energy that I hadn't seen before. Sam thought it was pent up excitement to get back to work after the holidays but it was Ginny who seemed to see what I meant.

"I bet after seeing that article of the escaped death eaters, more people are starting to believe what Harry has said about You-Know-Who. There's more of a reason to take the D.A. seriously."

Sam and I exchanged a similar look but we didn't talk about Ginny's remark until that evening when we were getting ready for bed. Ignoring our roommates as usual, we kept things relatively vague, though our point was clear.

"I wasn't the only one to have forgotten about the school's vendetta on Harry, right?"

"No," Sam confirmed, "I forgot people thought of him as a loon."

"We really need to pay more attention," I said with a laugh, and Sam appeared to have agreed, though her attention had quickly left the conversation once my cat had made an appearance in the room.

"Attention whore," I muttered darkly as Oliver made himself comfortable on Sam's lap and purred contently as she stroked his head.

Jacqueline's owl found me as I was walking back from the library after studying transfiguration for a lengthy period of time. It was Saturday, and the January snow had halted for the time being, making it a bit more bearable to walk to the court yard and sit with my letter in peace.

 It was Saturday, and the January snow had halted for the time being, making it a bit more bearable to walk to the court yard and sit with my letter in peace

My little American writes to me! What a surprise.

But I expected you needing to use me for something. I heard Le Monde doesn't send it's paper off continent. I will start sending you my copy once I'm through with it. The others are a bit jealous that you're writing to me about this and not say, Gisele for example.

Favoring me, is that it?

Tsk, tsk. Marie wants me to add here that she's been meaning to write back to your letter but has been "swamped". I feel like it is my job to tell you she is lying and has instead been spending her morning skiing and participating in debauchery.

To my amusement, I noted the change in handwriting written sloppily under Jaqueline's writing that was no doubt Marie's.

I have done nothing of the sort. And I've only been skiing twice this winter thanks to Professeur Lecour screwing us all in Transfiguration homework. You're lucky you're not here to experience it. Also, I miss you and wish you were here to back me up. I'll write soon!!

An obvious change in hands were made as Jacqueline's writing returned.

Lies. So many lies. The password for Le Monde is Liberté, Egalité, Fraternité. Cliché is it not? Say it with a tap of your wand on the letter M. If you have problems let me know. I will judge you but I promise to help.