Chapter 42: Faire Confiance

Edward,

Your mother has not heard from you and is worried. As you know, your family needs your help in London. I would have expected that we had raised you better than to act as cowardly as you currently are.  Damion has already come as asked, leaving behind his job and other novelties. If he can do this, than you have no excuses. Your job will be waiting for your return, that is, should you choose to leave the position you may soon occupy.

I say this as your father, Ed, this possible employment will do more for this world than any herbology position you hope to occupy.

If I receive no answer from you within the week, I will come for you myself and end your theatrics. You have a duty to your family name. You should be thanking me for giving you a chance to place your name on the winning side of this coming war.

Darious Fountaine

Mon Ange,

I have just heard from your father. I beg that you do as he says and come to London immediately. I would not ask such a request if it were not important. I worry that your father will keep to his word and come find you before the week is out. He is getting angrier by the day, which his health does not need right now. He would not want me to tell you this, but he was in bed all of last week sick with something that has left him weak. Lucius Malfoy has been kind enough to send a healer to the house from St. Mungo's. He is on the mend but he needs his sons to support him.

Please, come home.

Your loving mother,

Emmeline

The month of March was coming as the D

The month of March was coming as the D.A met for another late evening session. But it was different from the usual routines. Harry seemed ready to switch teaching methods and make the lesson a bit more interactive. When Sam, Theo and I walked in together, we found the Room of Requirement altered, with the middle of the room spaced with dummies with white targets on their chests, and wooden wands in their hands.

It looked rather eerie at first glance.

"Come on in," Harry called as the group of us grew larger to look at the changes.