Bitter sweet

Bitter sweet~

( didn't proof read so let me know if there's spelling errors)

I woke up today before anything else. The stress I had been dealing with for the last few weeks was overwhelming at times.

Today was different. I woke up and felt a liquid between my legs. I could see what it was. I couldn't tell what it was but I at least knew it was hot. Knowing that didn't really help me though.

I nudge Zuko awake beside me and he grumbled then was at my side.

"I can't tell what it is. What is it?" I looked at him a tad worried.

(Please don't find this next scene awkward. It's really not. It's sweet)

"It's blood." He stated a bit nervously because he didn't understand what's going on. "Are you miscarrying or is it your period?"

"I don't know. My stomach hurts though. If I keep bleeding for a week then it's my period, if it's only two or three days then......."

"Here. Come on. I'll help you clean up." He grabbed some of our clothes and handed them to me. Then carried me bridle style as we snuck away from Iroh.

Once we reach a small lake, Zuko and I, stepped in the water with our clothes on. Then look them off throwing them on shore. We used a rag we brought to clean or skin and he helped me do mine. Not because I needed him to, because he wanted to. Which I found sweet.

I returned the favor and started cleaning his chest. Without even seeing, I could feel his gaze to ver me.

"Like the view?" I giggle at him without looking up.

"Very much so kitten." I gently laughed as I continued. His nickname for me gave me butterflies.

Once we finished, I bent my knees so my head was barely out of water. I felt Zuko swim behind me and wrap his arms around my neck.

It wasn't even an I-wanna-fuck-you moment. Just a sweet moment to enjoy each other's company.

To my surprise I heard in start to hum and beautiful fire nation song in my ear. His voice sounded amazing. This is all I've ever wanted. To just be with someone and here them sing to me. It's so calming. I don't even know how to explain how I felt right now. The closest I can get is heavenly joy.

Joining him in the song we hummed along. It felt like the forest was in tune with us too. Absolutely wondering amazing.

He pulled away and we ended the song. That's when I got an idea. I started to ply fight with him in the water. Imagine play fighting, naked, in water, and not being self conscious. This was amazing.

"Who you running away from baby boy." I grinned evily. Swimming to the center of the lake after him. Out feet kicked us up as we splashed around.

"Me? Running? Never." He grabbed my body and pulled us underwater. Giving me a breathless underwater kiss.

"Must've been some bath?" Iroh chuckled with his all knowing wisdom.

"I don't know what your talking about." Giving him a smile then sitting beside him. Curious as to what he was cooking.

"What's that?"

"Rabbit-lizard." He answered to me.

"Mmmmm my favorite. Come here Zuko." I patted the place beside me and he sat down. We happily took the food iroh handed to us.

"I put lemon juice in it and some herbs I found. Hope you like it."

It was amazing. It tasted like lemon pepper chicken that I use to eat as a kid. I hummed in satisfaction with the chunk of food filling my mouth.

"We'll rest today and start moving again tomorrow." Iroh and I both heard Zuko but didn't reply. We just kept eating.