Enemy

Enemy
~

I was woken up by a guard going down the hall banging on everyone's doors to wake them.

"Ugh suck my d*ck." I rolled my eyes and got up. Putting on my uniform.

When I stepped out my room I made my way to the mess hall. Today they were serving meats like bacon and other parts of a pig. There's was some eggs too. Not much but I don't eat much anyways.

"Good morning kai."

"Admiral." I bowed to the man towering over me.

"Come join us. You can come eat with all the generals and high ups."

I smiled at him and walked with my food.

"I'm curious. I know your young but how tall are you?"

I giggled at his question earning a smile from him. "Five foot two inches. Probably the least intimidating soldier."

He laughed as me continued down the ship and into a room. There was a few tables sitting around. Generals ate and joked around. When I walked in a few looked over at me. I glared over with the meanest look on my face. I didn't want them to think low of me.

"Sit." I looked over and Zhao was sitting at a table with a few leaders and Iroh was sitting by him. The old man smiled sweetly at me as I took my place beside him.

Should I tell the Admiral? Maybe it was nothing. I'll keep my mouth shut for now. After all what could happen?

🔥🔥🔥

"How far are we from the northern water tribe, Admiral Zhao?"

"About two days. You should go train some more with Neo but after today I want you to rest and be ready to fight when we arrive."

"Yes sir." I bowed and made my way on deck. Once I spotted Neo I called out to him. "Neon."

"Stop calling me that Kai."

"Why? Does it bother you?" I gave him and evil and sweet look.

"Admiral Zhao sent you to train with me huh?" He came closer to me.

"Yea. We're about to be at the North Pole. Kind of nerve racking."

"Yea. Especially for a kid." He ruffled my hair and I gave him a glare afterwards.

🔥🔥🔥

"I'm tired can we stop." I fell backwards on the deck. The sun hitting on my face making me sweat more. We trained for about two hours and I was wore out.

"Yea. I'm tired too." He laughed and just walked away.

"Good talk!" I yelled after him before he got to far.

I stumbled my way to my feet and I was so hot I could jump over board. I'm not even kidding.

"Your look tired."

I look up and my eyes got met with an old man with a sweet grin. "Hey General Iroh."

"Come let's go inside." After a few moments of walking in silence we made it to my room. "Admiral Zhao says we'll be at the North Pole in a couple days."

"Yea. Can I ask you a question? Where do your loyalties lie?"

He just smiled again and was about to answer when Admiral Zhao walked in the door which I never shut.

"How dare you question a superior!" His eyes were on fire. It was true. Most fire nations have no patients. It was safe to say...I was scared.

"Sir I believe he's planning something. Do you honestly think you should trust him?!" My voice started rising. But just as easy as I started talking a burn again my cheek stopped me. He slapped me...but I thought...I thought he actually cared about me.

"You speak like that to me one more time and I'll leave a permanent mark! You respect your superiors! Apologize to General Iroh."

I was so close to screaming at them...I just wanted to go home. "My sincerest apologies General. It was inappropriate of me to question your loyalties to the fire nation." I bowed to him and I swear I could burn them all and not feel guilty. Not one bit.

"Good. Let's go General."

They walked out of my room with their chest out and prideful. Iroh didn't even try to get Zhao to ease up on me.

He slapped me...I thought he cared...

Let's just see if you can get the avatar now. I'll play nice. You lost my respect Zhao but we can pretend. Let's just see how you trying to kill the moon spirit goes. Just you wait Zhao