Prisoner

Prisoner
~

Loud blast erupted and I knew what had happened. Zhao was here.

"There's no time to waist common Kai."

I looked up and my eyes were met with the old man on the ship. Iroh was here.

"Why are you helping me?"

"Because you don't deserve this."

He burned my cell until I could get out then we found a key to take of my cuffs.

Iroh grabbed my wrist and I followed him to this warm grassy area. We were out of sight for the time being.

"Here put this on."

He handed me this black coat like robe. Which I quickly slid down my body. It felt nice to not have my body exposed the way it had been yesterday.

"You ready?"

I just nodded. I honestly didn't know what to do but I followed behind him and quickly caught Zhao's attention.

"So you survived. Why did you even come here? Your fire nation. We're monsters. These people will never side with you. Your. A. Monster."

"I know."

My voice sounded so chant but I looked him dead in the eyes.

When Iroh started talking I looked over at Sokka. He just stared into my eyes. Why was he mad? I don't get that. He knew I was fire nation when he met me in a FIRE NATION village. Was it because I was a soldier?

Before my brain could process what was happening, Iroh pulled me forward and we started attacking Iroh and his men.

As soon as it started it was over. Zhao and his men had stopped fighting and retreated. We all gathered around the dead moon spirit.

"There's no hope now. It's over." Princess Yue looked hopeless. That is until the Avatars mouth eyes and tattoos started glowing.

"No...it's not over." The avatar stepped into the water and was pulled under water. Then the water started glowing and came to life. The avatar became this huge water monster and quickly took out soldiers and ships. Tribe members bowed down to him. Zuko was fighting admiral Zhao before the moon spirit pulled him under the unforgiving water to drown.

Iroh got princess Yue to give the life given to her by the moon spirit back to the dead fish. Everyone was sad and it was very depressing to watch. The worst part is...I didn't care...not one bit.

I didn't belong here. Not with these people. They were hero's I was a monster. They had feelings...I didn't. Except for when I didn't want to be separated from Noam.

I turned around and started walking in the opposite direction.

"Where are you going?" Iroh asked as if he actually had no idea why I was leaving.

"It's obvious I don't belong here. I'm fire nation. We're all monsters." My tone had the most bored sound I had ever heard. I turned back around to face them as they all studied me. "Don't try to convince me other wise. Don't try to make me believe that I'm not what everyone accuses me of being. What my people are. I would just have soon killed Zhao and watch him burn alive with no remorse. So when your told your whole life your a horrible monster...it becomes true." My face held into a serious mold. I showed no emotion cause what I said was true. It didn't make me sad that people thought that of me. It use to but not now. You could tell all that by the tone in my voice and my expression.

"Fire benders...are all bad." And with that I walked off.

I had to sneak away from the other tribe people outside and I was thankful for the coat Iroh gave me.

I snuck into a snowy open area where Noam sat as he stared of at nothing.

"Noam."

His blue eyes looked up to meet mine. Running towards me his eyes became glassy. I hugged him like I wouldnt see him again. Which I probably won't.

"You were the only one nice to me. When everyone wanted me dead you were the only one there to protect me. I owe you my life. Thank you."

He didn't respond instead he just hugged me tighter.

Once he let me go I felt the cold rush to my body.

"Stay for a little bit."

I turned around to meet Aangs gaze.

"I can't. No one would let me stay here and live." We both knew I was telling the truth.

"Come with us then. We're about to leave anyways." Sokka and Katara gave him a death look but they weren't about to argue with him right now.

"If she's coming with us she's coming as a prisoner." Sokka pulled out cuffs, which I had no clue where he got them from.

He then rushed over to me and cuffed my hands behind my back.

Anakin I swear I'll make it to you.