Switching Up

Switching up
~

I inform Zuko that I won't help him on his pursue of the Avatar but will help any other way I can. I go by Ayonu (ah•ya•new) now. Just in case. Better safe then sorry.

"We'll stay here the night." Zuko slung his bag down beside a tree. He seemed ultimately deferred in being unsuccessful in his hunt for the Avatar. Fine by me. What do I care.

"Is there a stream nearby?" I question anyone listening. I didn't particularly feel like looking for one. I was tired.

"Yes. Keep walking straight and there's one up ahead." Iroh replies sweetly.

I follow his instructions and take my bag with me. Going around a corner I see tons of flowing blue colors. The water was dark blue. Then I saw a temperature of a cliff. There was a cliff which meant privacy. I walk there and undress. Cleaning my clothes and then getting in myself. Dipping my head under water. The water felt refreshing as it drooled down my body. The sun warmed my face and if I crossed my eyes I could see the warm temperature of my nose.

"Enjoying yourself?"

I jumped as I head rocks grinding under Zuko's feet as he came around the corner. I kept my body well under the water.

"Don't worry I won't look."

"You better not."

"Turn around. You can't look either."

I giggle to myself and turn around having the back of my head facing him. I heard his body push through the water. Not in my direction tho you perverts. I'm finna turn into a pervert. Lowkey tempted to look. No Kai. Don't. That's wrong. I wouldn't want him doing that to me. But also what do I care. He could and there's nothing I could do about it. Maybe a peek.

"Stop thinking so hard. I smell smoke coming from your brain."

"I sEe SmOkE....shush."

"What are you thinking about anyways?"

"Don't worry about it."

"You wanna look don't you?" I could feel the satisfaction in his voice.

"No you perv. Byeeeee. Don't look!" I rush to the shore putting on my outfit (at the top) basically when Katara gave me a bunch of outfits they're all styled the same. So....blame her. Not me if they look weird.

"You look like a bounty hunter." I jump as I hear Zuko run up to me as I made my way to camp.

"Ahhhh." I play yell and laugh. He smiles. His cheeks get warmer when he's happy. The rest of his body cools down when he's at peace. I wish he wouldn't stress so much.

"I'm gonna go gather some wood." And with that he was off.

"Hey Iroh. How are you?" I grab some Sabertooth-moose-lion jerky from my bag and find a place to sit on a stone. More comfortable that you would think.

"I am amazing kai. And how are you in this beautiful day?" Everyone deserves an uncle like Iroh but he talks like he's either at peace with the world or high.

I snort at my comment before replying.

"I'm ok. I think about the group often. It felt so temporary. I don't like being on their enemies side technically, but they hate fire nation. I'm fire nation. I can't change that. I can't change the fact that I was born being able to bend fire and living amongst the devil. Like oh my god they loathe our nation. Everyone does. I don't get it."

"I believe that one day Zuko will change that. Maybe not right not but I think eventually he will. He's a good boy. No scratch that, he's a good man."

I smile at him and eat my food.

"I'm not getting any younger. I see Zuko as a son. And to be honest I want grandkids before I die." I choked so hard on my food that I swear on my life I had a coming to jesus.

"Umm *cough cough* oh." I look at him as he smiles at me. His lips turn redder and his whole body slightly cools down.

"Calm down. I wasn't meaning you."

"Mmm"

"I was implying it."

"Subtle." I snorted out but I heard a rough voice come from above me suddenly.

"I'm back." I jump at his voice as he was standing next to where I was sitting.

I glanced in Iroh's direction just to see him innocently smile. This dude....how. Boi

"What were y'all talking about, I heard coughing?"

"Oh um. Nothing. Don't worry about it. It was nothing. Nothing to worry about. Not to think about. So Um how are you? Good? Great. Imma make my sleeping spot." I just made it so obvious. I couldn't shut my mouth. Like why tf did my mouth keep going.

I burn an area of dead leaves. Keeping the fire contained. Then I have a nice, clean, bug free spot to put my sleeping bag. Which I roll out onto the area.

"UNCLE!!!" I look over and see that satisfied grin on Iroh again. He must have told Zuko what he has said to me.

I heard Zuko groan before walking to a random area to make his place to sleep.

I keep thinking, where am I meant to be? Zuko and Iroh are cool and all but I don't feel like I'm meant to be here. I miss Sokka. I wish I could hug him. I wonder what they're thinking right now. Do they miss me? Have they noticed yet? I'm sorry for hurting you Sokka.

🌊🌬🌊

"Her stuff is gone...why would she leave? She seemed sad all day. I should have noticed. Why didn't I notice?"

"It's not your fault Sokka."

"I know this is bad to say, but what if it was for the better? She was a soldier in Zhao's army. If he didn't abandon her she would have fought us along side him."

"Katara! How can you say that? She was with us! On our side. At least I thought she was."

"Right now we need to get some sleep guys. I don't think there's a point right now. She's gone." Aang looked sad too. I just don't get why she'd leave me.