Prepare For Change

Prepare For Change
~

I take in a deep breath and prepare for hell. At least that's what I was expecting. I have now made it to a training base camp for rookies. Needless to say it was quite intimidating. I was the only girl in my group. The only girl here was a Lieutenant General. Even so the General was a guy.

"Alright listen up ladies!"

The Lieutenant General and I secretly scolded him for using ladies as an insult... I'll show him.

"First we must rank you! You will show all the power you got so the we know where to start training! Then you will choose a partner to battle against to show combat."

He picked random people to go and choose me last. I was terrified. Who wouldn't be after having to join the army. It was scary. I'm only 15.

Lastly he chose me. A was too in my head and they only thing I could force was a small orange flame from my fist. People started laughing. Then anger started building.

"Pathetic. Since you are brave enough to even join the war how about you choose your partner first."

He was right in my face. I wanted to see him hurt. I wanted to be the one who hurt him. They laughed. They all laughed. I was dangerous though. They needed to understand.

"You. I choose you General." People snickered but i kept my rage and attention focused on this entitled brat.

"Stupid girl. You don't have the strength."

He went to walk away from me but I felt the energy and embarrassment build up. My fingers were practically tingling. I did my form and shot blue lightning at him.

"Let's see one of your male soldiers do that!"

He turned around shocked and I kept going after him. I punched blue fire at him. Then kicked. All he could do was block. I didn't leave him time to defend himself. Then again blue lightning shout out from every direction. Even if I wanted to I couldn't stop. I didn't want to though .

I slid my foot a made a huge wall of blue fire. Then finally made long orange whips and went after him. I wasn't mad anymore. In fact I was satisfied with how I made him feel.

I flung the whip as the new soldiers had to jump back to avoid them. I knew I was over reacting but from now on I know I won't be taken lightly.

"Well done."

An unknown voice from behind took me off guard. I snatched around letting the whips vanish and found two men standing tall. Eyes wide I realized it was Admiral Zhao and Iroh .

Quickly I bowed to my superiors. Zhao stepped forward.

"Come with me." He had no emotion in his voice. Simply leading away as I followed. Iroh came with us.

We make it to a room and I was instructed to sit. My heart was racing. What did they want? I knew what I did was wrong but he was degrading me.

"Care to explain what happened back there?" Zhao studied my face. He could tell I was scared. Iroh sat quietly.

"I was scared when we were asked to show how strong we were so I didn't do well. Everyone was laughing. I didn't want to look weak. So when he told me to choose a partner I choose him. He degraded me though. Then-"

"Your don't need to continue. I saw everything else. You are very powerful. That much is obvious. I didn't bring you here to scowl you. I want you to join me. I'm going to go to the North Pole to get the avatar. Join me?"

I relaxed since I wasn't in trouble but I had to think about a lot. I made a promise to Anakin that I'd return so I don't need to stick my neck out too much.

"My brother. I promise I'd try to stay alive."

"Then fight hard and you'll live."

"Ok. I'll join you." I gave him a proud look and he simply smiled then left the room.

"What's your family's names?" Iroh finally spoke which surprised me. He has kept quiet this whole time.

"My Mom is Atzi, my brother is Anakin, and my dads name is Cheveyo but we call him yoyo." I started laughing remembering my family. "It's only been one day everything's changed so much." My mood dropped.

"If you have a brother and father why are you here?"

"My brothers only 6 and my dad can't fight anymore let alone walk properly."

"Oh. If you had the opportunity to leave, would you?"

"I don't know. I want to do my part but I don't really agree with the reason of this war." I quickly put my hand over my mouth. Just saying that could get me in trouble. "Forgive me." I lowered my head in regret not really being able to bow while sitting at a table.

"No need. Though you should probably go back to your group."

I stood up and bowed before I left back to my group.

🔥🔥🔥

"My apologies General. I took it to far."

He stood y'all careful not to show his embarrassment moments ago. In my head I snickered.

"Tell me young child, what's your name and age?"

"My name is kai. I'm 15."

"That explains your unruly behavior."

Did this dude forget moments so I almost put him 6 feet under. I swallowed my pride because I would be leaving with the Admiral soon and he would start to train recruits.

🔥🔥🔥

"Lunch time!"

All of us soldiers put on our suits and made our way to the cafeteria. On my way there I was stopped by other soldiers.

"Why are you here child?!" The man growled.

"Non of your business!" I growled back. He was a good foot taller than me.

"Let's teach her a lesson." He smirked looking back to his two friends and they smiled too.

Before he could even turn around I slung burning orange fire whips at him. Slicing a huge cut in his face. I started angrily at his friends. "I am a fire nation soldier. I HAVE NO PATIENCE FOR YOU!!!"

He and his friend ran away in fear and I didn't even bother going into the cafeteria. I stared at the floor ready to fall to my knees. Would I be accepted as more than a child here.

"Well done." Zhao's sudden voice startled me. Would people stop sneaking up on me.

I quickly bowed to him.

"Go gather your things Kai. We're leaving to the North Pole tonight."