Different Views

Different Views
~

I followed Zhao's order and made my way to my groups huge tent. When I walk in the General gave me a dirty look. The Lieutenant General was there and she let out a 'humf' sound in satisfaction of the general's annoyance.

I went to my sleeping bag and got everything put back in my bag. 

"And just where do you think your going?"

I looked over at the General then resumed to pick my bag up. Once I was on my feet standing the General came behind me and yanked my bag off my shoulders. I fell on my butt and everyone started laughing.

"Do I need to remind you what happened last time General, or shall I remind you?"

I slung my foot around while my orange fire got close to the generals nose. When I slung my foot I let my weight go with it and now stood on my feet looking down to the General.

Zhao came behind me then stepped in front of me. "Kai will be joining me. Lieutenant I entrust you to take over training the recruits."

I smirked at the man still laying in the floor. Demoted. Take that loser.

I snatched my bag up. Zhao put his hand on my shoulder and I looked over to him then followed him out.

"Impressive."

"Thank you sir. Why would you pick a new recruit to join you?"

"Isn't it obvious. I want you to be my prodigy. Like an heir I guess you could say."

I smiled evilly to myself. "I'm honored." Within a day I had impressed the man in charge.

"I'll have someone show you to your room. Get some rest. You'll need it."

"Yes Admiral."

🌊🌬🌊

"Sokka what happened to that fire nation girl?" Katara smirked at me. Ha ha very funny.

"What about her? And she has a name."

"Sorry. What about kai? Now your chasing after Yue. You have a thing for white hair?" She retorted smartly. Not helping sis.

"Kai wasn't real. It was nothing. We met for two seconds."

"Mhmm. Let's just hope the fire nation doesn't find us here.""

🔥🔥🔥

"Most impressive Kai."

"Thank you Admiral." I stopped training and smiled towards Zhao.

I didn't really care for Iroh in all honesty. He was too optimistic in my opinion.

"That's enough for today. We're stopping for supplies. Want to come?"

"Yes sir."

I'd been dying to get off this ship. Plus I really wanted a new knife.

I grabbed some money and a bag then proceeded to leave the ship. First we stopped by a huge market and stocked up on a ton of food which soldiers carried back.

"Zhao can I go look over there?" I quickly covered my mouth, eyes wide. "Sorry sir I meant admiral Zhao."

He gave me a dangerous look before nodding yes. We all went over to a stand up shop as I excitedly looked around. Eventually I decided on a black steel dagger. When I went to pay Zhao intercepted. "Allow me."

I smiled gratefully as he paid.

"I'm going back to the ship. Are you coming or staying?"

"Is out ok if I stay and look for a bit?"

He nodded then used his fingers as a signal for two guards to stay with me. To my surprise Iroh stayed. Me and him didn't talk much.

I turned around and headed for a small shack with rings. Iroh studied the different rings I picked up. "What about this one?"

"Very nice choice miss kai." He smiled at the gold band I showed him. "Would you like to accompany me to a tea shop?"

"We have to find one first."

He smiled sweetly as we found one. The guards waited outside.

"So tell me about your little brother."

"Anakin? He's so sweet. I don't think he's a bender though. I hate leaving him. I don't even know if they're ok."

"Don't worry. I'm sure they're just fine. You remind me of Zuko. You seem tuff and harsh but I know there has to be a sweeter side."

"I'm not so sure. When earth benders broke my dads leg, preventing him from working, I went after them. I was so mad. They hurt him. I had to take over his responsibilities when I was 13. I went from playing with my brother to working all day. I tracked them down and that's when I learned how to do blue fire and lighting. "

"You were angry. You just seem lost."

"Thank you but I'm not lost. I know exactly what I want."

He chuckled at me like he knew he was right and that I'd find that out soon.

"So. Got your eye in any young man."

"If you're suggesting you I'm old enough to be your grand daughter." We laughed both of us knowing he didn't mean it that way. "Before I left home I met a guy at a festival. I might not ever see him again but he seemed special. Most guys that aren't fire nation hate me. I don't understand. I use to be nice, but dealing with people who automatically assume the worst because I'm fire nation, changes you."

Even I know I had the most depressing expression on my face right. I felt like crying but why would I. Crying wouldn't change anything.

"What do you think about admiral Zhao? Honestly. I won't tell." He was changing the subject. I know he was.

"I don't know. I don't really care. He could die and I wouldn't care. He's just another angry person."

Iroh seemed to study my answer like he was debating something.

"What about you? Tell me about your family?" I questioned him since he was asking me personal questions.

"Not much to say. My father died. My brother is the fire lord. Then there's my niece Azula and my nephew Zuko."

"Oh wow. Any children?" His expression dropped.

"I had a son but he died in the war. Zuko is what I have closest to a son now."

"Tell me about him." I finished off my tea. We had been here a bit now.

"He can be arrogant at some times but he just want to be accepted. I love him dearly. I don't want to see him hurt but I'm afraid he hurts himself."

"You seem like you miss him."

"I do... we've been gone a bit now. We should head back."

I followed him out and i had a lot on my mind. After talking to him I wasn't as annoyed by him. He seemed different. Something was definitely up

🔥🔥🔥

I changed into a night gown and laid in bed. Should I tell Zhao that I think Iroh is planning something. He'll be mad if I knew and didn't tell him. I'll tell him in the morning...