Sunset

Sunset
~

Zuko and Iroh were talking and decided to 'part ways'. I stayed with Iroh and Zuko left. I don't even know what happened. I was down by the river and when I came back Zuko was leaving. I asked Iroh about it and he just said "Zuko needs to find his way."

"So what do we do now."

"I know my nephew doesn't need me now. But he will. And when he does I'll be there." Iron smiled sweetly. He didn't have hurt in his eyes. Only hope. Hope in his nephew.

"So we follow Zuko and pray he doesn't see us?"

"Yep!" He said a little too happy.

"Alright. I'll pack our bags. Can you go get water?" He took the water containers and went to the river. I started wrapping our bags up and getting them together. I sling mine on my back and his I had on my chest.

"Please ms Kai. I know I'm an old man but I can still carry my bag." He took his bag from me and I just laughed.

"My eyes hurt so you lead the way!" I said all happy. I grabbed his sleeve with my thumb and pointer finger.

Some days were better than others. When I was filled with emotions, good or bad, I can see a lot better. We'll see the temperatures at least. When I was just kinda 'meh' I couldn't see that day. That right now. My eyes hurt and I have a 'meh' mood today. So I decided to let Iroh lead the way.

"How far do you want to go today?" I questioned him.

"Well we can rest when we're tired and walk when we're not."

"Ok old man." He giggled and I thought about how un intimidating I must look rn. Holding onto the nicest looking person by their sleeve. You got to admit Iroh looked harmless and absolutely adorable.

"I'm tiiiiiiirrrrreeeedddddd." I whined.

"It's been two hours. How are you tired?"

"Because it's been two hours!" I exclaimed.

He chuckled and set his bag down beside a small cute little creek. The sound of the water was bliss. The wind weaved through the leaves. Tadpoles were swimming in little pools along the creek.

"I wish I could stay here forever. The whether is nice and perfect." I leaned back on a tree putting a cloth over my face.

"Beautiful things are always changing. It will never stay like this forever."

I hummed at him and slowly drifting off. The sun was keeping me warm and I didn't get hot at all. Imagine sitting under the sun during fall. That's what if felt like right now.

I was peacefully sleeping when I heard a weird sound. I moved the cloth and opened my eyes. Seeing iroh with a weird branch that had strings tied on it.

"What are you doing."

"So your awake. I made an instrument with a branch and string. Listen." He plays a melody and it actually didn't sound that bad.

"Play something." I said gently. When he did I recognized What he was playing and hummed along. "We should get going."

We packed our stuff, drank some water and started walking.

"We should keep a look out for something to eat."

"I'll look for plants. You try to find animals." I smiled and we kept walking. He found some questionable berries which I passed on. So right now my stomach was kicking me.

"Iroh I see salmon." I exclaimed when I spotted the dark colored cold water that had red marks swimming through it.

"Those are salmon frogs."

"Oooo my favorite. Hand me the knife please." To which he obliged.

I slowly crept up to the water and waited for them to get close. Salmon frogs are pretty big. Bigger than you would think.

I lined my knife up with its head and threw it hard and the creature. Breaking through its skull. Quick death. No pain.

"I found super!!"

"See if you can get one more. I'm a big eater." He patted his belly. I put in a determined face and got one more.

"I'll start the fire. You cut the fish." He walked off to the woods and I could still see his temperature. He was picking up wood.

I got out a pot and cut the legs off. Putting them into a pot so I could have somewhere else to put them besides the ground. Then I shaved the scales of of them. Finally cutting off the heads and getting the cuts out. By now the fire was ready. The sun was starting to set. So we ate our food with a beautiful sunset painted with pink and orange. The most beautiful orange color I had ever seen. I still miss my group.......

(I got writers block. The next one will be a lot better)