Fourty-two

See one of the reasons why I never celebrate my birthday is because nothing ever goes right. Something bad always happens and this year was just a confirmed of it. It's been a month since my birthday and I'm still not happy. I haven't made contact with Travis since that day and each day is worse than the last. Roy has been taking me to and from school and work and he too hasn't said much, a part of me thinks he knew that Travis was around but the other part of me doesn't want to believe it. Maybe I'm so caught up in the fact that maybe someone might be on my corner but who am I kidding? I'm all alone in this forsaken World.

 “Mam we here " I looked out the window and indeed we were. I hate just how everyone seems to be pitying me. I hate that.

"Thank you Roy" 

He opened the door, I dreaded walking inside. Honest to God I didn't feel like being with anyone. Since the past week, I developed a routine, eat sleep, wake up go to school or work, come back feed Skyler take a bath then sleep, although sleep is a farfetched thing lately but I try.

When I got inside I found everyone in the lounge sitting and conversing.

Immediately as I stepped in everyone went quite. *sigh* here goes nothing

. " Oooh Bella, you here, thank you" the ever lovely Mrs Grace came and embraced me with a hug. Everyone followed suit. Seeing them being all nice and friendly to me somehow managed to put a smile on my face.

I've been here for over an hour and no one has said anything about why I got called out here, as tired as I am, I’m still here watching tv with the kids and everyone else was outside by the pool. Like I said before I didn't feel like company.

 "Aunt Bella, why is uncle Carl not here?" 

How do I answer that when I don't even know where he is? "Uhm. he's not here love" she giggled and said "I know, why is he not here?" 

"Uuhmmm...he-" 

"Right here" that voice... before I could turn fully the kids were already running towards him, Abbie was giggling as he spanned her around.

 "Hey buddy" he ruffled Leo's hair of which Leo swatted his hands off, Carl just chuckled and put Abbie down.

You know when you don't know what to say or do?

I don't even know why I'm this fidgety like why? He's the one that should be scared not me...

"Isabella" 

lord of mercy. I couldn't respond. It's like the more I tried to talk the muter I become. He waited for my response but it never came. 

I shook my head and sat down on the couch to resume the movie we were watching. I could hear him puff out a sigh then felt him walk away. 

Leo came and laid his head on my thighs. I adore this kid, if anyone were to ever tell you that he and Abbie are siblings you'd literally laugh out loud because of the way they are, maybe Leo takes after his father, I mean I don't know Jeff that much but he looks like a quite person from the few times I've actually seen and talked to him... We were watching big hero as per master Leo's request, this one is will be a robot master one day. He literally talks everything robotics. 

"I'm going to work with uncle Carl one day, he owns one of the biggest robotics company in the whole wide world” that’s Abbie, this one is a princess I doubt she understands anything robotic

 "no he doesn't" Leo rolled his eyes.

 "Yes he does”,

"no" it's my first time ever seeing them bunter like that. It’s cute if you would Ask me.