Fourty-four

-CARLOS

"Okay. Maybe I shouldn't have said that. Hell I don't even know why I said that. I'm so stupid sometimes"

He snorts "you think?” He sips on his drink and continue looking forward. 

"What exactly were your intentions? You just going to drop a bomb like that and she would let you be? Clearly you don't know the woman you Sharing a bed with" 

What does he mean by that, I know Bella won't do anything stupid right? 

"Bella is a twenty-year-old girl doing her last year in varsity, majority in two courses, hell you don't want to know how she got in" He tipped his head back downing the last bit of the brandy in his glass.

What does he mean by that? He stood up before I could ask him anything leaving me in a train of thought. I know Bella is still young to complete school especially a four-year course, it means she went to varsity when she was just sixteen? Fuck I don't know. 

I ordered another round of whiskey and downed it in a go. 

"She suspects Hank isn't her father" What the hell! I choked on my drink

.

"She's been in contact with the real Nathan from since she was sixteen " 

With a chuckle I said "you have got to be shifting on me" how the hell did she? No wait if she's been in contact with...the it means.

"Relax your knuckle, she doesn't know anything, although I might warn you. If I could find out that easy then it probably won't be a major for her to find out."

no really? What is he talking about?

"Sometimes I suspect she knows where I am but others I think Maybe she doesn't because she's too caught up in your bullshit to think straight" 

someone please tell me why I came to him? Of all people I'm here with this kid talking about my love life why? That's right I remember why? Because he's the only one that knows Isabella and understand her. 

Big question. 

Why am I seeking help from him? Funny you should ask. I almost had a tv thrown at me because I stupidly confessed that our marriage was faked. How did I escape her? Even I don't know.

 I don't want to admit this but I'm shit scared to go home. I don't know how I'll face her considering that I left the penthouse with intentions of saving my ass. I'm crazy to say this but Bella looked ready to kill.

"When I applied for varsity, I wanted to do engineering" 

"Why you telling me this?" 

"Fuck off Travis I'm still telling you about your wife" 

"She was sad that I'm going to varsity while she remained at school. So I didn't know how but the next day when I went to register I found her waiting for me at the cafe with registration papers. She's always been too smart but I didn't know that smart" he stops to take a sip from his drink.

"He helped Mr Walsh delete nudes our school principals’ office computer because his daughter was sleeping with him, and she was going to get expelled if they found them, Mr Walsh is a big shot so you can just imagine the scandal, then she stole money from him also. " 

Okay. This is new to me but how...

"In exchange for her to enroll there, but of course since she was still at school she had to make some legit thing to be allowed in she went for robotics. She used to do that with her father" 

I'm still not getting what he's talking about.

"She doesn't just hack she investigates, that's how she found the 'real' Nathan. Her father froze all her account last year during our finials. She stole a pendent from him and sold it to the 'real' Nathan for millions. Hank and Nathan never got along and that pendent contains everything illegal that he has done. Including your involvement" 

okay... Now he's got my attention. 

"Well then it means that she knows everything then. All my efforts to try and protect her will be futile then"

"I don't think so” he’s busy tracing his finger on the rim of the glass while his focus is on the lion statue behind the bar.

"If she knew you'd probably be broke or something, she has a thing for making people broke, I guess it runs in the blood. " 

I came here looking for a way to get to Bella but all I found was answers to questions I don't even know. The hell Isabella. What are you.

Getting home, it was after twelve midnight. The lights were turned off and super quiet for my liking. After leaving the bar I went for a ride to clear my head a bit but the ride took hours hence why I'm only getting home now. 

"You lie, you cheat, you leave without an explanation then come back home late" 

"Fuck woman. Don't scare me like that" 

she switches the lamp on.

"Like what Travis?"

okay. I'm definitely in shit, I thought that maybe leaving for a bit might help her calm down. Then! Then she does an evil chuckle. The fuck!

"Bella it." 

"I'm not mad Travis. Not a little bit. BUT I'M HELLUVA PISSED THAT YOU BUSY WITH MY FUCKEN BEST FRIEND *she chuckles and lowers her voice* you busy with my friend behind my back Travis" 

from where I'm standing I can see the glistering of her eye, fucken Christ please don't let her cry please.

"Tell me you didn't know where Luu was this whole time please Travis. I'll forgive you for everything but please tell me you didn't. "

Tears stream down her eyes when she doesn't hear my response. Lord I can't stand to see her cry. It hurts me more especially when I'm the course of it all.

"Travis please tell me you didn't let me make a fool of myself busy crying on your shoulder while you knew where he was all the time. Please okay. I'll even marry you right this minute if you tell me you didn't"

tell me, how do I answer that when I'm behind everything. It would have been better if I only knew where he was but I... I gave him a place to stay and told him to hold off any contact with her. How do I tell her it was never my intention that I was only trying to help her?  

How do I tell her that everything I do is for her? I never cared about anyone until she came. How do I tell her that it's all because I love her? I've hurt her time without number but not intentionally so. I love her and don't want to hurt her but I can't help it. My past is catching up with me and for the first time ever I'm scared of losing because this time. I'll be losing more than just myself. Every time it comes to haunt me I lose something, minor thing but this time. This time I have more to lose and I don't want that. I want to win but winning means hurting her as much as me loosing will... Tell me? How do I tell her all this without hurting her