05. A Bit Awkward, Isn't She?

A few days had passed since Eloise first arrived at Shell Cottage and she was already feeling right at home. In the mornings she was often the first one to wake up, though she never dared start breakfast. Eloise had attempted to make Bill and Fleur breakfast on her first morning in the house and in the middle of her stirring together the waffle batter Fleur rushed in and shooed her out of the kitchen, telling her that she would finish making breakfast. Fleur had always been a bit of a control freak, even when they were children, but Eloise knew better than to argue with her.

This morning Eloise was sitting on the couch nearest the bay window in the living room reading a book. That spot quickly had become her favorite, it faced away from the sun so it never got too bright and when the window was open it was in the ideal spot to send a lovely ocean breeze through the entire room.

Fleur emerged from upstairs wearing a dressing gown and her hair was gathered in a messy bun on top of her head. Even without trying she was inhumanly gorgeous. She let out a long yawn before breezing right past Eloise, without noticing her, as she entered the kitchen. Eloise placed her bookmark in her book with a smirk before she set it down on the table and decided to join her friend in the other room.

"Good morning Fleur." Eloise said, leaning against the doorframe with an amused grin.

The sound of Eloise made Fleur jump, "How long have you been here?" she asked.

"I just came in, you walked right by me in the living room and didn't even notice." Eloise laughed.

"Ah, sorry. I didn't sleep very well." Fleur said with another yawn as she grabbed the kettle and turned to the sink to fill it.

"Why is that?"

"We are meant to be having dinner with Bill's family this evening and I have been dreading it." Fleur groaned, setting the kettle on the stove.

Eloise knew that Fleur hadn't made the best first impression on Bill's family, but that was years ago and she thought they all got along now.

"Why are you dreading it?" Eloise asked.

"It is just so depressing, I want to make them feel better but I never know what to say. Everything I say seems to make it worse." Fleur sighed.

Fleur had never been the greatest when it came to dealing with emotional situations, she was often too honest for people rather than sympathetic. Eloise could already picture Fleur telling her in-laws that life will go on without Fred, and while she wasn't wrong, Eloise could feel herself growing uncomfortable just imagining the reaction the Weasleys would have to a remark like that. Fleur had poured herself a cup of tea before filling another mug and setting it at the table across from where she now sat.

Eloise got the hint and joined her friend at the table, they sat together silently drinking their tea just enjoying each other's company when Fleur suddenly set down her cup firmly and looked at Eloise intently. At the sound of the porcelain hitting the table Eloise met Fleur's gaze, but felt thoroughly confused by her urgency.

"Yes?" Eloise asked cautiously.

"Come with us!" Fleur said with an innocent grin.

"I'm sorry?"

"To dinner, come with us."

"Oh, I don't know Fleur, I've never met them it would be awkward I think-" but before she could finish her sentence Fleur was already getting up from the table.

"I'm going to tell Bill. Oh, and we will also be stopping by George store today as well." Fleur declared before elegantly walking out of the room, obviously ignoring her friend's objection.