66. Coffee Confessions

Eloise loved being around Ginny. In many ways, the girl reminded her a lot of Fleur back in their school days. Being utterly fearless and opinionated without fear of what anyone would think of her were traits she knew the her best friend possessed, as well as the youngest Weasley.

But she didn't dare make the comparison out loud.

Even though they got on relatively alright now, Eloise had been made well aware of their differences in the beginning of Bill and Fleur's relationship many times over. Part of her worried that comparing the two would somehow reopen old wounds, even all these years later.

So, Eloise sat quietly across from Ginny in the tiny flat she shared with Harry, scribbling down gift ideas and party supplies they needed for Molly's fiftieth birthday at the end of the month.

It seemed as though the anniversary party she had helped plan for Bill and Fleur her first summer in England had made quite the impression, as Ginny deemed her the only person who'd make the day as special as it should be, according to the redhead in the letter she sent to her a week ago.

Eloise's quill moved quickly against the parchment as Ginny dictated all of her ideas. Some were far more outlandish and unrealistic than others. Including sending an owl to Molly's favorite singer, Celestina Warbeck, to ask if she'd be interested in coming to perform. The suggestion was written down regardless of Eloise's doubts in its success. They could par down the list later to a more achievable plan, hopefully.

Morning turned to early afternoon before they even realized it and the door to the flat soon opened to reveal an exhausted Harry trudgeding in from another day of Auror training. Apparently Saturdays were not made for rest when it came to the Aurors. Harry quickly shed off his jacket and threw it over the back of the sofa before approaching Ginny and placing a quick kiss to her temple.

"Are you going to pick that up?" Ginny asked, rather than greeting her boyfriend.

The look on her face distinctly mimicked Molly's as she gestured her head over to the sofa. A laugh fell through Harry's lips as he rectified the situation with a flick of his wand, sending his jacket to the nearby coat rack within seconds. A satisfied smile formed on Ginny's face as she took a sip of her tea.

"Alright today, Eloise?" Harry greeted.

Even though she had been around Harry plenty of times over the last few years, they rarely spoke directly and she couldn't deny that she still remained a bit star struck by him. Although she did her best to not make it noticeable to him, knowing her, she probably wasn't doing the best job.

"Fine, thank you." she replied politely before returning her attention to the parchment in front of her.

Ginny smirked at her before turning her attention to her boyfriend, reaching up to ruffle his already disheveled hair, "I thought training went until noon today."

Harry's brows furrowed as he tried in vain to fix his hair, "It did, it's about half noon now."

Ginny's brown eyes widened as she glanced over her shoulder at the kitchen clock, "Godric, we've been at it all morning. Why don't we go down to The Leaky Caldron for lunch? My treat."

Harry distinctly knew that 'my treat' really meant he would be paying for lunch as all of Ginny's wages from her first season playing reserve for the Holyhead Harpies had gone to purchasing brand new Quidditch equipment. Not that he minded, though. The boy had more Galleons than he knew what to do with sometimes which made him exponentially generous.

"Alright, but let me shower first." Harry requested before leaving the room and vanishing down the hallway.

Ginny's eyes followed him until he was out of sight, only then did the redhead glance at Eloise who was still pretending to review their list of ideas.