30. You Two?

When Eloise awoke the following morning, she was in a room she didn't recognize wearing clothes that weren't hers.

As her eyes fluttered open, a skull crushing headache took over all her senses. As much as she should have been worried about where she was, the immense pain was taking over every thought as she pressed her head back down into the pillow.

She tried to recount the previous night, but all of her memories started to blur shortly after she had started talking with Ginny and Angelina.

She remembered bits and pieces of the party, like dancing with George and playing a silly muggle game Lee taught them. But she couldn't tell you the name of the song or what the actual game was. The details were all fuzzy and blending together. The last thing she could somewhat recount was chatting on the couch in the living room as Lee and Angelina argued about something to do with Quidditch. But this lead her no where and made her present situation all the more confusing.

Finally Eloise forced her eyes open. The thin stream of sunlight peaking through the curtains felt like a blinding spotlight as she took in her surroundings. Overall the room was quite tidy, but there were a few subtle clues that gave away where she was immediately.

The dark maroon blazer with an orange 'W' emblem pinned to the lapel that George typically wore for work in the cooler months was laid overtop a desk chair.

An orange hand-knit blanket was draped over the foot of the bed. At first glance it didn't seem out of the ordinary, but Eloise recognized it as one Molly had knit as she remembered seeing a blanket nearly identical to it in the living room of the Burrow.

And finally, a familiar empty firewhisky bottle with a rolled up piece of parchment inside was sitting on top of the dresser next to various other tchotchkes that had been collected over the years.

It was obvious at this point that she had woken up in George's room, but he was nowhere to be found.

Did we sleep together? I'd remember if we did, right?

She tried once more to mentally retrace her steps, but kept coming up short as her memories either blended together or didn't exist at all. Remorse flowed through her as she realized she really did have way too much to drink the night before.

Eloise decided she should probably go find George. She was hoping he would in the kitchen or the living room, but part of her worried there might have been the chance that he'd gone back to the Burrow already.

Would he really leave without telling me? Wouldn't he at least leave a note?

She threw the quilt off her body and glanced around the room, hoping to find a mirror somewhere. All she wanted to do was to see just how rough she truly looked before searching for George. If she looked half as bad as she felt, she knew it wouldn't be a pretty sight. But it seemed he didn't have a single reflective thing in his room that worked well enough for Eloise to get a good look at herself.

With a groan, she trudged across his room, brushing her tangled curls away from her eyes before opening the door. As soon as she stepped into the hall she was met with the sight of Verity exiting the bathroom. The petite blonde had just taken a shower and her toothbrush still hanging out of her mouth when their eyes met.

As the girls gazed at each other, it seemed as though both were wondering what the hell Eloise was doing leaving George's room wearing his clothes.

"Morning." Verity greeted hesitantly after pulling the toothbrush from her mouth.

"Morning, have you seen George?"

Verity's eyebrows knit into a frown, "No, I haven't."

Eloise glanced down the hallway towards the main living area that sat completely silent with no sign of life anywhere.