Epilogue

October 2003

October 2003

The ocean waves crashed along the shore on that brisk autumn afternoon. Shell Cottage had been bustling all morning, but there was something calm in watching how the waves would come and go in a rhythm that only Mother Earth had any say in.

"Mrs. Weasley?" a knock on the door tore her eyes away from the window as she turned over her shoulder at the familiar voice.

A smile adorned her lips as she laughed lightly at the way she had been addressed, "Come in."

The door cracked slightly as a head of white-blonde hair peaked in before entering. Verity was dressed in a burgundy chiffon gown with her hair pulled back into a loose braid that draped over her shoulder. The second they laid eyes on one another, she slipped into the room with a wide smile, making sure to close the door behind her.

"You really are the most beautiful bride I've ever seen, Eloise." she said in earnest, but the beauty of the woman before her wasn't enough to distract her from the way the bride was nervously picking at her nails, "How are you feeling?"

"Nervous," Eloise breathed with a laugh, "I think my heart is about to leap out of my chest at any moment."

"Well, it's good that you made Dhani your bridesman... man of honor... whatever," Verity shook her head with a laugh, "Anyway, it's lucky his fiancée is a Mediwitch. I reckon she'll revive you if you keel over."

A shaky breath fell through Eloise's rosy lips as she tried to allow her friend's humor to calm her nerves, but it wasn't working very well. Up until that point, all that had calmed her was the ocean. So, Eloise tore her eyes away from Verity and glanced out the window once more.

"Did you need anything?" Eloise asked with her back still turned.

"Yes, actually. I was sent to come get you."

Her brows furrowed as she turned back towards Verity. Suddenly thoughts of something with the ceremony going horribly wrong flooded her mind. While she should have been reminding herself that it was the fact that she was marrying George that was most important, she didn't think her heart could handle any bad news or she really would keel over.

What if the Floo from France was closed for maintenance and her family couldn't get there in time? What if there was a sudden thunderstorm on the horizon that would ruin the entire outdoor ceremony?

"Earth to Eloise!" Verity laughed as she waved her hand in front of her friend's face.

Eloise blinked her bright blue eyes and focused on her bridesmaid once more, "Sorry." she muttered quietly, "What's wrong? I'm sure Fleur can handle whatever it is."

"There's nothing wrong, well there was a slight issue with Arthur's tie going missing, but I think Molly got it sorted." she laughed as she held out a folded piece of parchment to her, "Besides, I don't think you want to send Fleur for this."