Untitled (L.H)

Warnings: Episode 7 spoilers, One curse word, Slight angst/ angst, Not proofread.

-------

One more time.

At the sound of a skateboard clattering, grunts, and curses filling the air from the bottom of the hill, Langa skids to a stop, heartbeat racing in fear of who he'll see at the bottom.

Your backpack comes into view when he reaches the steep, bruises and dirt covering your face as you look up at the spray-painted star on the bridge.

"(Name)."

You turn toward him, a surprised look on your face. "Langa."

He looks around, a frown crossing his lips. "Reki isn't here?"

Sighing, you grabbed your skateboard, slinging your backpack over your shoulder. "He caught a fever, but he doesn't want to see anyone right now."

"Not even you?"

A bitter laugh comes out, a sad smile making its way to your lips. "I've been his best friend since we were in diapers Langa, he especially doesn't want to see me." He walks down the hill, hair swaying with every step he took. "It's my fault for not noticing what was happening with him."

His arms wrap around your shoulders, knocking your balance off slightly. "Please, don't leave too."

"Langa, I'm not going anywhere." You say, pushing him back by his shoulders, poking his chest. "You don't leave us."

"I don't understand."

You shake your head, pushing him forward. "You're so caught up with skating, it's becoming a little concerning langa."

He tilts his head at you, tugging on your board. "But you'd get excited going against someone right?"

"I mean, yes everyone has the rush of adrenaline when they beef with someone amazing but Langa, adam isn't as amazing as you think he is."

He skids to a stop, your chest bumping into his back. "That's what Reki said last night. About not being excited when going against adam."

"Langa, you saw what adam did to reki! You can't come back from something like that!" You shouted in disbelief, grip tightening on your board.

"I want to go against adam." He says, "not for myself but for Reki."

You stare at him, lips parting when you saw the way his eyes shone. "The only thing Reki wants from you is for you to stay away from adam."

"What's different from Reki skating for Miya's sake, and me skating for Reki?"

"You know what he's capable of Langa, he nearly put Reki in a hospital bed and you're telling me you still want to skate against him!" you shout, tugging him down by his collar. "Me, Reki. Chinen. Shadow. Cherry, Joe, we all don't want you to end up in a hospital bed because you were too careless!"

He shakes his head, "You don't know if that's going to happen."

"And if it does?" you ask, biting down on your lip to hold back the tears that wanted to fall. "What would your mother say? She doesn't know about S, none of our parents do. So what the fuck is she going to think when she gets a call saying her son is in the hospital from sustained injuries that happened at an illegal skate competition?"

He remains quiet, biting his tongue when tears welled in his own eyes. "Im sorry."

"Everythings falling apart Langa," You whisper, a slight tremble in your voice. "And I don't know what I'm gonna do when it's all gone." You sound defeated, just like Reki did last night when he finally let out his pent-up thoughts.

He walks a little ways behind you the entire walk home, always stopping when you try to let him keep up with you, ultimately giving up when you take his hand in yours. He drops you off at home, waiting at the gate for you to go inside, sending you a wave before you closed your front door.

He ponders on your words that night, scribbling on random pieces of paper strewn across his desk, some littered in your handwriting from when you and Reki would pass notes in class. He picks one of the papers up, a messy pen drawing of the three of you on Langa's second night in Okinawa, fireworks littering the background.

"I'd do anything for you guys," he says to himself, taping the messy drawing on his wall above his bed. "And I hope you'd do the same for me."