Patch and Fix (R.K)

Warnings: minor injuries, mentions blood.

"Does it hurt?"

Reki shrugs, muffling a groan with his hand when you wipe at the cuts on his leg. "I'm used to it."

"I asked if it hurt." You said, looking up at him from your position knelt in front of him. "I know you're used to it."

He blinks, "Are you mad at me?" You sigh in response. That's all he needs. "I can clean these up myself." He tries to nudge your hand away, and he finds it useless when you don't budge. "Y/n, I can do it."

"Every time you go skating, you come home with twice the amount of bruises you left with." He nudges your hand again and feels tears building in his eyes— for whatever reason, he couldn't understand. "Then, at the end of the day, you come to me." A shaky breath from you lands against his leg and sends shivers up his spine.

"I can support your passion to the ends of the earth, Reki."

"But?" He interjects, fist clenched against his knee.

"I can't keep doing this thing—" patching you up and pretending I'm okay with having to see you limp into my house or–or be carried in by your friends."

"Then what, we break up?" His words are quick. If he speaks slower, he thinks it'll tear his heart apart. "Is that what you're trying to say?"

When you sigh again, the string that tied you and Reki seems to snap in his mind, and when you stand up and set the first aid kit on the counter, he thinks it's over for good.

You shake your head, "That's not what I want. I just–" You pause, watching the water change color as you wash your hands. "I don't want to be the person who only ever sees you at your worst. I want you to come home one day without any injuries or rips in your clothes that I'll have to treat or fix."

Reki looks down as you say your words, to the bandages wrapped around his legs, to the sewn patches and embroidered patterns on his jacket. You had every right to be upset; he just didn't know how to handle it.

"I'll do better." He says quietly, looking at his hands that were folded in his lap. "Try not to get hurt as much, and to not rely on you when I do."

"You can come to me, Reki." You murmur, storing the kit away. "Just not when you're bleeding. Blood is supposed to be on the inside."

"So I can come to you about internal bleeding then?" He tries, smiling when you roll your eyes at him.

"Not a chance."

A/n: how are we doing fine people of sk8 nation 🧍‍♂️

Sorry for my major disappearance with this book, I was writing the other one 💔 I won't say I'm back to making regular updates cause I'm not, this was a whim, came to me when I was watching jt yesterday.

Hope you all are doing great, and I'm very proud of your accomplishments (whatever they may be) and wish you guys good health 🩵🩵