Brutal; the product of fame (Miya)

a/n: this is part of a "series" I was/am doing, based off of olivia rodrigos album... it's been dwelling in my head for nearly a year and I'm finally doing it!

warnings; implications of stalking (not directly said) being left out. 350 words. This is written as platonic.

Being thrown into the spotlight at a young age was exhausting

Being thrown into the spotlight at a young age was exhausting. The constant praise for the littlest things, the nagging from the press, and even the fear of someone watching your every move.

Miya just wanted some normalcy in his life. Even if it was the tiniest sliver known to man.

He figures when he's with you —and the other five, he just won't admit it— it's the last bit of normal he'll ever have, he's grateful for it.

"No one's bothering you right?" You'd asked him, swinging your legs back on forth from the ledge you two sat on. "At school, home, anywhere?"

You've had that protective older sibling complex since the day you first spoke to him, while he admires it... it can be a bit much sometimes. "No."

A small hum being your only response back, he lets his eyes drift in front of him; Children laughing with their parents, their siblings, and friends, it makes him laugh.

He was an only child, his only friends had left him —or did he push them away?— for a quote-unquote rambunctious child, he wasn't good socially. Always the last one to be chosen on teams, never the first person someone chooses to do a project with.

All because he was the product of what fame really does to people.

"Oh, man!"

That's right. You're here with him now, yet— he's busy focusing on all the bad things that happened to him in the past.

"Hey, Y/n?" The smile you give him is enough to wash his worries away, the muscles in his face pulling into a smile the moment he sees yours. "Let's go in the water."

Eyebrows raised and interest piqued, your shoulder was bumping against his. "Last one there has to buy crushed ice." You quickly said before taking off, leaving him on the ledge with an open mouth.

"That isn't fair!"

You were one of the last people Miya actually called home in his brutal, a stretch maybe, life. And he wasn't going to let anyone or anything ruin his last bit of fun.

A/n: was this okay, I'm always like "aw yes this is good" and then I read it a few days later and don't like it

But uh yeah, I only have one more written out (for sk8 at least) so yeah that'll be posted next week or Friday I don't know.

Have a nice day/night/evening/afternoon :] <3