Prom Confessions (L.H)

A/n: this is old, I know that prom isn't really an apparent thing in Japan or Canada (I think at least) I don't get a prom, I'm homeschooled, let me live.

730 words, no warnings, Langa's a bit ooc (more outgoing)

"Please go to prom with me!" He shouted, fists clenched at his sides, a bright blush settled on his cheeks

Your shoes squeak against the linoleum floor when you stop, nervously laughing when you locked eyes with the couple down the hall. Turning on your heel and stomping towards him you push him by the shoulders to the library, taking him to the back corner hardly anyone checks.

"Langa, what the hell?" You whispered, "You can't just blurt stuff like that for everyone to hear!"

"But I like you?" He replies, completely oblivious to the effect his words had on your heart. "I want everyone to know. I'd go down to the office and hijack the intercom to tell the entire school that I like you."

Sighing loudly— and dramatically in Langa's opinion— your hands held his shoulders firmly, leaning just the slightest bit closer to him. "Please, never consider doing that again."

He tilts his head upward to move his lips from yours, looking off to the side at the miscellaneous books that lined the shelves. "You still haven't answered."

Right.

"I'd love to."

Two weeks and a very interesting spirit week pass, and you stand in front of the one-story house you'd spent half of your high school days at.

This was the first time you'd ever been nervous to knock on the door.

His mother answers with a bright smile, ushering you in while simultaneously complementing your outfit. The silence that follows after she yelled out for Langa is suffocating, maybe if you run now you can catch the bus home.

It's cliche how time seemed to stop the moment you saw him. He smiles upon seeing you, and without thinking he rushes to bring you into a hug, hardly thinking when he places a quick kiss on your cheek.

"You look... pretty." You say, holding back a laugh when the tips of his ears turned red. "Should we get going?"

Langa's mom interjects before he could speak, "Pictures! Pictures first!" Hasn't she taken forty the minute Langa came in!?

"Sorry about her." Langa sweats, closing the car door after you've stepped out, waving to his mom. "You know how she is."

"I'm pretty sure she was recording the entire time we were in the car." You laughed, taking his hand when he offered it. "It's fine though, at least then we'll have something to look back on."

His grip on your hand tightens slightly the moment you step into the venue, immediately overwhelmed by the flashing lights, loud music, and the dozens of people crowded around each other.

Pure chaos, especially when you near the dance floor. A boy is sticking his leg in the air while hopping on one foot, you really don't know what he's going for. There's a girl doing something with her body against her date. You almost miss the couple practically making out in the very center.

"I didn't know that some people were..." Langa holds off on his sentence when he hears you laughing, a smile replacing the grimace when you hide your face in his shoulder. "Y/n?"

"Sorry." You breathed out, holding onto his shoulder with your other hand. "Sorry, what were you saying?"

"Nothing." He smiled, bumping his head against yours lightly. The DJ announces the first slow dance of the night, Langa looks at you from the corner of his eye and finds that you're already looking at him.

"Would you like to dance, Langa?" You ask quietly, moving to stand in front of him. He nods once before tugging you to move to the dance floor, awkwardly placing his hand on your hip. "You don't have to be so timid, Langa. It's just me."

He dips his head down to rest against your forehead, "That's actually the only reason I have." He laughs, "I really like you, Y/n." He says, his tone sounding desperate.

"I really like you too." His eyes widen, he's never actually heard you verbally express it, he always assumed it was one-sided. "I know it didn't seem like it before but I'm less obvious than you." You chuckled.

He lifts his head away from yours, looking behind him. "There's a mic near the DJ, should I go take it and tell everyone that I like you?"

Rolling your eyes, your head bumps against his chest. "Don't even think about it."

A/n: not my best work ngl,, anyways working on the next series, started writing Loverboys next two chapters, went to work training and remember nothing, I'm going to be a great employee

See you later :]