forget me not (L.H)

warnings: none really, mentions langa's father's death. open ending.

It's seven am in Okinawa now

It's seven am in Okinawa now. Langa's eyes were strained from his lack of sleep last night.

He'd stared at your phone contact for three hours. At least. He was contemplating reaching out because he didn't know how you would react, or if you even would at all.

Maybe you'd actually forgotten about him, and he doesn't need to feel the tremendous guilt that's eating at him at that very second.

Or maybe, you didn't forget about him, and you're stuck wondering what you did wrong. Langa's stomach churns at the thought of you lying in the dark, just like he had last night.

"Langa!" He sits up, startled at the sound of his mother's shout, flopping back onto his bed when she comes into his room. "A letter came for you." She says, hesitantly handing him an envelope. "I thought you might want to read it alone."

He gives her a confused stare, brows pinching when she closes the door shut with a soft smile. His eyes fall onto the letter, freezing when he looks at the return address.

It's yours.

It's your name. That's the same address as the person he'd sneak out to see. It's the same house where he had his first kiss with you.

He carefully peels the letter, wincing when one of the edges rips. He sees your handwriting through the folded paper, ink bleeding through. Unfolding it carefully, his heart begins beating faster when he sees the entirety of it.

Dear Langa, it reads. How have you been? I've been alright. I've warmed up to the coleslaw sandwiches now, but every now and then, they bug me. He chuckles quietly. Your little brother must have made dinner last night.

I miss you. It says. I wanted to reach out sooner, but I thought you might not want to talk.

Langa sighs when he reads that last sentence, rubbing his face with his hand. He'd left Canada only a month after his dad passed; his mom hoped for a fresh start somewhere new to ease the pain.

I don't know if you've forgotten about me. Hell, I'd probably forget about myself too. I just hope you didn't, considering our relationship beforehand. But, again, it's okay if you did. As long as you're okay, then I will be too.

Your mom gave me your address, by the way, so that you're not creeped out.

Love, Y/n L/n.

He doesn't know why but his stomach churns at the signage. He doesn't feel like he deserves it after what's happened.

 He doesn't feel like he deserves it after what's happened

A/n: for context this was from the scrapped langa series. Which is why Coleslaw sandwiches and a younger brother are there lol. Reader and langa were in a romantic relationship but broke things off when langa had to move 👍