the mistake

"BEN GET UP NOW" shouted his mum for the third time.
He had slept in and was rushing around.
He quickly ate some toast and went upstairs to put his uniform on which his mum layed out for him.
He put it on and his coat and left with his sister Abbie to go to school.
Ben lived in a small town in England and most people were nice. But ben and his friends weren't and would be the kind of people to pick on others for no reason.
When he got to school he went to his friend Patrick.
"Alright ben" said Patrick
"Alright"
They spike for a bit and went into form when the bell rang.

"Ben take your coat off" ordered mrs wilson walking in.
"Aw come on miss its freezing"
"No, off now"
Ben took off his coat and people started laughing. Ben was confused and was even more confused when mrs Wilson sent him out.
"What did I do this time" he asked angrily
"Just get out and I'll talk to you"
Ben couldn't really argue and stood outside the class.
2 minutes later mrs Wilson came to talk.
"So ben, we have no problem with boys wearing the girls uniform, infact it could help build up other kids confidence, but unfortunately you cant wear half the girls and half the boys uniform"
"What" he said then looked down.
His mum accidentally gave him his sister's blazer. There isn't much difference except that the girls buttons were higher up.

 There isn't much difference except that the girls buttons were higher up

"Oh no, it was an accident" said ben realising and starting to panic.
"Dont worry, we will sort this out, come with me" said mrs wilson.
They went to lost property.
"Ok, so this is up to you and we will not judge whatever you chose, do you want to wear the girls uniform or the boys uniform"
"Boys" said ben
"Ok, well search for a boys blazer, of you cant find one then tell me"
Ben was searching through lost property for ages but couldn't find a boys blazer.
"I cant find one" he said
"Ok, well try find a skirt and tights then" said mrs Wilson, "you will just have to wear the girls uniform for today"
"WHAT" she exclaimed, "I'm a boy I cant wear the girls uniform"
"I'm sorry but that's the rules, you cant mix the two uniforms, if it was up to me I'd let you but I cant"
"What about trousers, aren't there girls trousers" he said desperately not wanting to wear a skirt.
"Yes, if you find a pair then you can wear them I guess"
"Ok"
Ben was frantically tossing things out of the lost property bins trying to find a pair of girls trousers, not many girls wore them so it would be a miracle if he found a pair.
Mrs Wilson picked up a blouse, skirt and tights as he threw them out.
"Yes!" He said with relief, "I've got a pair"