practice

Ben woke up again scared. It was like every day his life was getting worse and worse.
He quickly ate his breakfast and had a shower.
"Mum, do you have my trousers" he shouted
"No, I gave them to gill, just wear your skirt"
"Brilliant" he muttered going to his wardrobe and draws to get tights and skirt.
He put on his new underwear, tights, skirt, blouse and blazer.
He couldn't believe that this was now his life.
He then remembered he had cheerleading practice with freya that day after school so he got his pe kit.
He went downstairs and got his new bag and coat and left for school.

"Ben, over here" shouted freya
"Hi" he said walking over to her, none of the other girls were there yet so it was just those 2.
"Oh my God I love your bag" she said admiring it.
"Oh thanks, my aunt got it me" he replied
"Well its amazing, hey do you have any perfume, because you could do with some" she asked
"No" he replied
Freya then dug into her bag and pulled out a spray and sprayed ben with it.
"You smell beautiful now" she said smiling
"And I didn't before" replied ben a little angry
"No, it's just I thought you would like it, sorry I should've asked you" she said looking a bit upset.
"Oh it's fine, dont worry about it" replied ben seeing her visibly upset.
"You sure, I just want to help as much as I can, just tell me if I'm going to far" she said.
"Its fine"
"Oh ben, what happened to your makeup"
Ben had forgotten to put any on. He wouldn't mind putting it in for school as everyone had already seen him in it so it wouldn't make a difference.
"Oh shit I forgot"
"Dont worry" said freya again going through her bag and she pulled out some foundation and concealer.
"Do you just carry everything around with you" asked ben
"Well yeah, I also have some lip gloss so after this I'll put it on"
Freya did as she said and applied ben with some light makeup.
"So, how are you finding makeup, can you do it" she asked
"No, my aunt Janice is a beautician so she did it for me this weekend" explained ben
"Oh, well you should learn" said freya.
"Will dont worry" he said
A few of the other girls arrived then and they were just talking.

School went ok for ben. No one mentioned anything about him and his appearance and was his first time using the girls toilets. Maybe this means its getting better for him.
After last period he went to the changing rooms to get changed for cheerleading practice.
"Aw ben, why did you apply" said alice laughing.
"Because I want to" he replied knowing that it was really because of freya.
Alice just stayed quiet after that.
Freya arrived and was excited.
"Oh my god this will be amazing" she squealed
"Yeah" said ben pulling up his skirt fearing he might actually get in the team.
They both went in to the gymnasium and warmed up.
Then the teacher, mrs Watson, told them to do a series of moves. Ben tried even though he didn't want to be in the team.
By the end of it, only 10 people would be picked. There were also no boys so ben felt more like a girl being there.
"Maisey, freya, nina, jess, ben, chantelle, alice, katie, josie and maddie, congratulations you have passed, please get your kits from over there and come here every Wednesday evening" said mrs Watson
All the girls who's name was read out was squealing in excitement apart from ben. He was standing there smiling but inside was fuming.
Why did he agree to join, why did he day he was trans, why did he try was rushing through his head. Nothing would go his way. It was at that point his worst fear then became a very real possibility, he might have to become a girl for life.
He had thought about it before but never thought it might actually happen until then.

"So girl, weve done it" said freya almost as if she was mocking him by calling him a girl.
"Yeah, wanna go home now" he said
"Yeah"
They picked up their new uniform and went home.

"Yeah, wanna go home now" he said "Yeah"They picked up their new uniform and went home

When he got home his mum noticed the new bag and that he was in his pe kit.
"Oh ben, you look pretty in your kit, but you don't have pe today" she said
"Thanks, I was just practicing some things after school to catch up" he said not wanting her to find out.
"Oh, well what's in the bag" she asked
"Nothing" he said
His mum wasn't satisfied so took it from him and opened it to reveal the cheerleading uniform.
"Oh my god, so proud of you" she squealed in excitement.
"Thanks" he said as his life got worse by the day.
"But why didn't you want me to know" she asked.
"Errr, it was a surprise" he said
"Oh, well I'm happy for you" she replied
Ben went upstairs and when he went into his room he noticed a big difference.
His old desk was gone and a new makeup table with a pink chair was there instead.
"Oh ben, do you like it" said his mum behind it.
"Yes, I love it thanks" he said hiding his anger.
"Oh good" she said then walking away.

After they ate ben had a shower washing off the makeup then looked at it.
"I'll try tomorrow" he told himself knowing he will have to learn to apply makeup.