ONE🤱

~~Five Years Later~~

"Welcome back guys we're still here with our favorite TV girl..." Amanda, the light skinned TV host said smiling. She wore an official blue jumpsuit that brought out her hourglass shape.

Tomike wore one of her pretending best smiles because all she could think of was leaving the damn interview. From the moment she stepped into the building she knew the kind of questions they would be asking, questions about her baby, being a single parent and who the father of the child was and the pretty host didn't fail to ask. Tomike felt she's nothing anyone should look up to because she was living like every other creature and trying to get the hang of being Dimma's mother since the death of her friend.

The five years she had trained and brought up Chidimma, her friend's baby had been a nightmare. Less sleep, dirty house, dirty laundry, getting late to work, leave from work, and the rest. She didn't know how to handle Dimma so she had looked up the Internet to get an idea but it didn't work with Dimma because she was an annoying baby.

So instead she gave her mum to look after the child for the first two years and gone back to get Dimma when she was stable and settled in a new house and new environment worthy for a child. The remaining three years up till now had been a struggle, she had found out Dimma was allergic to peanut butter which she had no clue which parent had it because she didn't know the mother too well nor the father, who was out there living his life and forgetting he had a child.

Tomike tried her best to give Dimma the best life and she at times gives herself a pat on the back on how far she had come even though she still struggles with bringing Dimma up and not making a terrible mistake.

Her straight one shouldered green formal mini dress with sparkles was beginning to itch her body as she kept on smiling waiting for the lady to ask her the next question and the next and the last so she can be out of the building and into a comfortable dress.

"Tomike Adeleye." She looked at Tomike and they both smiled. "Over the years people have gotten to know you and love you. How many years now?"

"Six years now."

"Wow.. So Tomike your fans out there threw me two big questions."

Here we go! She said to herself still smiling at the lady host.

"First They've asked me to ask you how's being a Single mom like? Even with you being a TV girl."

Tomike cleared her throat and smiled. "Being a TV girl doesn't make me special in the parenting group. Being a single mom is exciting, frustrating and overwhelming. Believe me. The fun fact is having to be a mom. I'm just like every other parent."

"You've heard it all. Tomike is like every other mother out there. Last question." Tomike nodded. "Who's your Baby's father?"

Tomike paused, her smile faded. She didn't prepare for that question even though she knew they were going to ask it. She found her voice, smiled and said. "That's nothing to disclose."

                         ~~        ~~

When the interview was over and her peace of mind back she thanked the crew and walked away with the bag of goodies and gifts they gave to her.

She sighted her best friend's red Toyota Camry waiting in front of the building. Tomike smiled happy to see her best friend still waited for her after she had told her to go. She walked to the car almost jumping like a Dimma happy to see food, the best thing to Dimma and her first word '.ood.'

She and Ada have been together since their first day at the University of Lagos. They were staying in the same room as jambites and they got close from there and nothing seemed to come in between them not even Dimma. Ada had fallen in love with the baby and would come in her free time to look after Dimma, she was not as clueless as Tomike in the taking care of a child department because she had little siblings.