TWELVE🥴

~12~

It took a lot in her to ask Teniayo to watch over Dimma for a whole week. Her trust issues were a lot to deal with so she sent Ada to go some days. She also missed Teniayo, his sweet part and their fight most especially. She smiled to herself remembering their lunch date before she came to Abuja. She shook her head almost immediately stopping the next thoughts about to cloud her mind.

She picked up her computer to type a letter she needed to send to her boss but couldn't concentrate. She picked up her phone, walked to the ceiling to floor window and dialed Teniayo's number. He didn't pick up the first time, thinking against calling the second time she dialed it and on the first ring he picked.

"Hey Tomike. Sorry I was in the kitchen." Teni said immediately he picked the call. The thought of him in an apron without a shirt revealing his built and muscles he hardly showed made her shiver sending a smile to her lips.

"Oh you're cooking?" She said in a teasing tone.

"I told you I cook and since I have a five years old I need to." He chuckled.

"That's sweet. How's Dimma?"

"She's a handful but okay. Want to talk to her?"

"Yeah! Yeah!" she said almost shouting.

"Dimma! Mummy wants to talk to you."

"Mummy!" She could hear her daughter say as she ran to get the phone.

"Hey Mummy." Dimma said to the phone

"How's my Baby? How's school?"

"I'm fine. Daddy's taking good care of me somehow. Schools fine."

"That's good baby. Do you miss me?"

"I do mummy. I cry every night."

"Oh baby. I want to hug you."

"I love you too Mummy." Tomike smiled and they ended the call. The call uplifted her spirit and made her anxious to get back home.

"Just Two days more" she said to herself, walked back to her bed, picked up the laptop and continued what she was doing.

                          ~~~~
Femi laughed. "I can see what women go through mehnn. You smell guy."

"Not funny. I'm trying my best. Dimma's doing hers. I'm going insane even though she's just five."

Femi laughed harder looking at his friend who wore a black short and blue long singlet, his hair was rough and dirty. "This is what you get when you wanted to be part of her life."

"I just tell Tomike everything is fine so she won't bother to call Ada to come get Dimma. I can't wait for tomorrow when she'd be back."

"Sorry man. I don't ever want to be in your shoes."

"You'd get married." Teni picked up Dimma's bag from the floor and sat next to his friend.

"Married? Me? Not now abeg?" (Please) Femi pulled out his phone from his jeans pocket "Single and not ready." He switched on his phone.

"Whatever you say. Well Dimma isn't all that bad. She's very sweet. She's helping me not get totally mad." Femi just stared at him. This was the quietest Teni has seen his friend only when he lost his youngest sister. He looked at his friend and shook his head.

"Are you okay?

Femi looked up. "Yeah! Yeah! Why did you ask?"

"You came in quietly, you didn't ask for a drink or get one yourself. And you haven't spoken pidgin or a full Yoruba sentence since you got in here."