RANDOM CHAPTER: CHIDIMMA MARTINS

***SO MANY MONTHS LATER***

Hi, My name is Chidimma Oluwafikayomi Martins formally Dennis, I didn't get married just met my father and I'm beyond glad. As you all know me, popularly known as Dimma by my family except Mum's Mother and friends. I'm the reason why my parents met and the reason they fought so many times, Just say I'm the link between my mummy and Daddy. Since I turned four and knew right from left I've always wanted to meet my father after Mummy told me she isn't my birth mother, I didn't know what that meant back then but now I know it, I'm six and my knowledge has become wider. I wonder why she told me she isn't my mummy because I wouldn't have wished for a better mother, love her from the moon and back.

My father who I had never met before came back five years later when he was done with school and ready to see me, It took him long to see my pretty face but I would take it because he gets to see it every day until he is no more or another person(baby) snatches him away. He first came knocking on the door of Mum's house in Ikeja, Our house and he looked really handsome. He might have started with a dumb question he already knew the answer to he was able to get into the house but not for too long. You all know the story of their first encounter which didn't go well at all. (He was sent out of the house by angry Mummy) Love my Daddy because he became persistent, always coming and getting the door slammed in his face. LOL.

The first day he was allowed to touch me was the day Doctor Olumide found out he's my biological father. I was really crying because I hate the smell of hospitals, it didn't really go well with me and I made a hell of noise so maybe I could get to My Daddy's hands. Finally did and made sure I kept shut, I didn't know he was my actual Daddy but I was hoping. (let's be true I overheard my Mum shouting and asking Aunt Ada) I smiled at him just because I was finally happy to be in his arms, He smiled back like he felt a connection. (I didd.) Let's blame Aunt Tinuke because she's got a big mouth, she told me after Mum's prayers weren't answered and she shouted at Daddy so much she hit the car door on his hand. Aunt Tinuke told me the man Mum was shouting at was my Daddy and Mummy was too angry to accept it.

For weeks things didn't look great, Mum was angry with Dad for so long I couldn't get to see my handsome father. Aunt Ada being the lawyer to the rescue, helped Mum calm down and get Mum to see the outside of everything. (God bless Aunt Ada) Daddy started to come almost every day to spend time with me(I love being spoilt😅) and spoiling me meant angry Mummy.

Mum soon felt comfortable with Daddy taking care of me and made us spend a week together at his beautiful house, where I met Daddy's best friend a big opposite of Dad, Uncle Femi, A crack head(Don't let him know I said that.. and I'm glad he got himself a wife maybe he would be less of a crack head.) I felt at home with Daddy, I realized he's a total mess, I knew little about cooking so we were always doing it together, a memory forever placed in a part of my head.

Time went on and I started to feel confident in myself, confident in everything around me. Mummy started to feel comfortable with Daddy around, things started to look Rosey and we went to meet my births Mum's family which turned out blehhhh. It didn't work out well and they decided to try again, thank God it worked out cos I got to see what my birth mother was like. A sweet and pretty lady, no wonder I'm this beautiful. She died will giving birth to me, I came to this world to live both our lives.

After this visit to Ibadan, things went from happy to gloomy immediately, Dad stopped coming and it bothered me. I couldn't handle him leaving just like that without a word, Mum felt I was being rude and annoying (Y'all also thought I was annoying) but I would defend myself. I'm a child the way I understand something is different from how Mum does. The only way I could control myself from bursting out was to do what I wanted and ignoring Mum which I shouldn't have done. I'm sorry Mummy and I Love you. I missed my Dad so much and when he came back things became better but not at first.

Falling sick made us come together and then hearing my Dad confess his feelings for Mummy (They kissed😉🙃). I made sure I heard every word he said before opening my eyes to inform him. "I'm not dead." Our family came back together, all I wanted and prayed for.

~~~~~~
The whole family, that is Grandma and Grandpa(Mums parents), Granny and Gramp(birth mum's parent), Gran Martins, Uncle Femi, and Aunt Tiwa, Uncle Seyi and Aunt Kate, Aunt Ada and Aunt Tinuke with Aunt Desola, my cousins Simi and Timi and My lovely Parents Tomike and Teniayo(in love😍)of course and me are seated around a large table under a huge gazebo Mrs Martins just built for her sixtieth birthday dinner.

Different topics to talk about went around the table for the past hour we've all been seated on the table and we've not had topics to run out of. Especially with Uncle Femi seated on the table, with food and wine going round after an hour passes by. Yeah, We the kids are not involved in the conversation because Simi always has something fun for Timi and me to do so we wouldn't get bored.

"I wish Your Dad was here to see how happy you are and how noisy this place is. It was his dream to have a large family." Gran Martins said, the large smile on her face spoke more volumes than the words she said.

"I'm sure he's happy to see everything from above. Happy to see you smile so broad after his death." Daddy smiled and squeezed Gran Martins hand. He turns to face Mum "I love you." He then stands up getting everyone's attention. "Since we are all here, I would kindly love for you to listen, I'm really excited that we all could make it to my Mum's birthday dinner and I couldn't find a better time than this to say this." He turned to Mummy "I'm in love with you and more and more as the day passes by I continue to fall in love with you. I shouldn't have been the bad boy but it made me get to meet you and I'm so happy." Daddy went on his knees and Mummy became tight-lipped as he pulled out a black box and opened it to reveal a square-shaped diamond ring.

"Oh my God!" Aunt Kate and Aunt Tinuke said in a sing song voice at the same time as Aunt Ada and Aunt Desola squealed.

"I love you and want to continue being the man next to you, who will make you smile and I want to continue to be Dimma's father...Will you marry me?" Mummy let out a sharp laugh and nodded continuously.

After Dad slipped the ring into Mum's finger and everyone admired it, Aunt Kate let out a loud noise. "My ring wasn't that pretty." she said and everyone burst out laughing.

I'm really happy for my mum, she was lonely for a very long time trying to raise me and hid her lonely feelings not to bother anyone or herself. I'm glad she said yes because I can't wait to start our little family with my handsome breathtaking father, Teniayo Martins, and our adventures. After all, we are just starting.

My dear beautiful readers thank you and love you because my lovely parents have finally decided to get married. Wooow! I can't wait. Love you Readers, Love you Writer for doing so much to promote me and my loved ones, for bringing out a wonderful description of Father of Mine.

I love everyone who made my Writers' dream come through, thanks for promoting(sharing) this book, my able writer wouldn't have made it without you guys. Thanks for adding Father of Mine to your reading list, thanks for clicking the star. Thank you Thank you... Thank you. I could go on and on.

Lol. And a Big Happy Happy Happy Birthday to My able and wonderful writer, please help me wish her a happy birthday and pray that she brings me back for my book because I'm not done. The world hasn't seen me yet. Hahaha. Don't forget to wish her Happy Birthday though. Love you writer.

****
WRITER: Thank you so much Chidimma Martins, that was quite a story. Tried my best to bring the Nigerian culture into this book and still enjoy the flow. This book taught me a lot. I wouldn't turn to Dimma and talk for long.
But like my best character had said Thank you to everyone, for everything. And whoever wishes me Happy Birthday thank you. I appreciate.

FOM to the world.

As a birthday gift go on and read the first two chapters of Broken Proposal and comment on what you think about the book and
follow me.

IF you have questions to ask about the book or me ask so I can answer.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME