NINE 👨‍👩‍👧

~9~

"Is he cute?" Kate her sister in law asked.

They sat on the island in the kitchen drinking homemade zobo and eating chin-chin made by Kate, while Tomike talked about Teniayo and watched the news which they were not watching. They were both interested in her story, interested more in Teniayo than her worries. Her typical family.

"I'm sure he is." Her brother, Seyi replied smirking at his wife who sat in front of him while Tomike sat at the edge of the island looking at them.

"What's doing you two?" Tomike giggled as she shook her head. "You guys are unbelievable."

"What? I'm looking after you sis." Kate said sipping her zobo.

"Remind me why I came here?" Tomike asked, folding her arms under her chest.

"To talk..ask for our opinion." Seyi winked.

"And I'm sure that's not what I'm getting."

"Tomike you'll be fine. It's a new bridge you'd learn how to cross. I'm sure he's not scary." Seyi said throwing chin chin into his mouth.

"You'd cross it Toke. All you have to do is enjoy the ride." Tomike chuckled.

"Enjoy the ride! We're both not okay with our presence." Tomike shook her head as she ate her share of chin chin.

"How sure are you that he's not okay with your presence. Any guy..any guy would kill to be with you." Kate assured her like a big sister would do to cheer her up but it wasn't helping it just made Tomike burst into laughter.

"Guys it's not easy. I'm trying to do this for Dimma. Try and like Teni because of Dimma but I'm just super angry."

"Angry? Angry about what?" Her brother asked, his eyebrows coming together.

"Angry that I get to share my time with Dimma...with him." She sighed.

"Why would you get angry about that?" Kate asked bothered.

"Because I don't want to share."

"You sound selfish right now. You know he's Dimma's father..nothing on earth can change it." Her brother looked serious.

"Listen Tomike. It's a huge step. It's not a bad idea to share..I'm sure he's harmless. Like you said you are doing this for Dimma."

Tomike stared at her family as the thoughts of sharing flooded her mind. She didn't want to share, not with any man talk less of Teni.

"You'd understand the act of sharing soon." Her brother finished with a smile and glanced at his wife who cheeky smile.

                          ~~~~

"Hey cous." Desola, Teni's cousin said as she walked into his house wearing a red mini wrap dress holding a small black bag.

"How's Lagos?" He asked after they hugged and walked to the living room.

Desola is his mother's niece, the only closest cousin he has, because half of his childhood he spent with her, before her family moved to America. Though two years younger she's more exposed than he is and smarter which had caused a lot of quarrels between them but they've remained close. She moved back to Nigeria to start a new life here, Work, dating and everything in between. She's like the daughter his mother never had, without thinking twice his mother took her in instead of Desola house hunting and since his mum lived in the big house alone.

"Lagos is okay so far." She said sitting on his black sofa comfortably, like she had come over a lot. " I see that your home's bachelory.." She said looking around his house.