TWENTY TWO👧🚑

❤❤
Thank You! Thank You!

                            ~22~
Tomike woke up with a headache but she was able to get through the morning, especially since it was Dimma's play day. She sat watching the other kids sing and dance to the legendary 'standard living', Dimma came forward and sang her part dressed in a blue dress and black shoes looking like a future presenter. Tomike was smiling so much that the conversation she had with Mrs Adeleye had gone with last night.

The singing soon ended then followed the short speech presentation, Dimma kept on practicing for a whole week. Tomike felt the chair next to her move, she looked up and immediately wished she hadn't felt the movement of the chair because her worst nightmare sat on the chair comfortably taking Mrs Martins space. Tomike let out a sharp hiss remembering the promise Mrs Martins had made, the promise sat next to her and she wished she had asked Mrs Martins who she would send over.

Dimma came forward and searched for Tomike who was clapping and cheering for her baby. "I love my Daddy and Mummy. I know my Mummy is angry with Daddy but I want her to forgive him so we can be a big family like I have been praying to God for." Tomike didn't realize when tears started to roll down her cheeks. She was too ashamed to look at her side to see whether he also heard.

Tomike cleared her eyes taking a short side glance at Teniayo who was as shocked as she was. Mrs Adeleye took her hands and squeezed them which said millions. "It's okay." She said.

The last girl said her speech and the play was over, parents started to leave the big hall one after the other heading to their children's classrooms. Tomike turned but Teniayo was not seated, she stood up quickly and left the hall praying Teniayo had not gone to see Dimma. She and Mrs Adeleye walked into Dimma's empty classroom with only Dimma by her desk crying. Tomike left Mrs Adeleye and walked to Dimma, going on her knees she grabbed Dimma into a hug.

"I'm sorry Mummy." Dimma sniffed the tears away. "I love you Mummy." Dimma said as Tomike stroke her back.

"I love you too." Tomike pecked Dimma on her cheeks and immediately the conversation she had with her mother came rushing back to her head, making sacrifices something she has done so much and was tired of doing. Tomike sighed, drew back and cleaned Dimma's face.

They took her things after Tomike went to sign a book, which Dimma's class teacher asked her to do. Mrs Adeleye held Dimma's lunch bag and was telling Dimma about a story as they walked to the gate of the school. Almost reaching the security guard Teniayo came out of nowhere still looking handsome in his royal blue senator. His presence did a number on Tomike, she remembered kissing him in the pool, remembered their good times.

"Ekasan Mummy." He said halfway prostrating.

Mrs Adeleye looked up not seeing him come out. "Haa Teniayo, kasan, bawo ni?" 
(Afternoon how are you?)

"Daddy!" Dimma hugged Teniayo her hands still in Tomikes. Tomike glared at Teniayo not comfortable in his presence.

"We were going for Lunch why don't you join us." Mrs Adeleye said looking at Teniayo ignoring her daughter's face.

"Mummy!" Tomike said not interested in any matchmaking. She gave her Mum the 'don't invite him' look but Her mother chose to ignore her so did Teniayo.

"Join us Daddy." Dimma said, then took his hands. "I'm kidnapping you for today." Teniayo chuckled.

"If Dimma wants me to then I can't back down." Teniayo said looking at Tomike.

                                *****
Tomike didn't bother to glance at Teniayo throughout the meal, she wasn't even interested in her baby's gist. She kept on stabbing her plate, scrolling through Instagram so she wouldn't look up and see Teniayo staring at her. He had gone to Dimma's classroom and found them having a moment, he left so things wouldn't go another way. He kept roaming around the school compound waiting for them to come out just when he gave up, they were walking towards the gate.