FIVE💣

~5~

When People had started asking her about the Baby's father, Tomike didn't actually know what she would have done, she had never thought about her reaction and now that it was happening she was dumbfounded. Her mind raced for what felt like forever trying to think of what and what to do. What Chima would have done if the father of her child came back after five years but nothing was coming, no idea. She then realized how little she knew about Chimamanda.

Tomike stood up giving herself a push of what she had always wanted to do since the first day she saw Chima pregnant. She didn't care if it would hurt anyone's feelings all she knew was that she won't let him in, not the easy way because he didn't deserve it.

"Get out!" She shouted.

"Tomike... I'm sorry I Should.."

"Get out! Get out of my house!" The handsome looking guy stood up disappointment written all over his face. He was about to say something but stopped when she pointed towards the door not ready to hear what he had to say. He walked out and closed the door behind him.

Tomike slowly sat and tears started to flow down her cheeks. She couldn't believe this was happening, she wouldn't allow someone to come into her house and be claiming Dimma as his. All she had built can't just go away all of a sudden.

Chima wouldn't want the baby's father to have the child that's why she gave her Dimma, she trusted Tomike. She reassured herself as tears continued to flow down.

"Are you okay?" Her best friend walked in with Dimma on her hips sleeping and a brown woven basket In her left hands.

They just returned from a lunch date at the estate kid's park. A place Ada and Dimma loved to go together and have so much fun since Tomike wouldn't want them two hundred meters away. Tomike could trust her best friend with Dimma because she was there when Dimma came into the world with legal papers for Tomike to sign.

"I don't want to believe him. He can be a stalker. A terrible one wanting to kidnap Dimma."

Ada moved sat close to her after dropping Dimma on the other side of the sofa. "What are you saying?"

Tomike cleaned her face and looked at her friend "A young man just came here claiming to be Dimma's father."

"What? Hope it's not Internet fraud."

"I don't know Ada." She started to cry again. "He was narrating how he found out about Chima's pregnancy. I'm scared he might actually be the one. He looked sincere."

"What's his name?"

Tomike looked at her friend and blinked. Feeling stupid. She hadn't asked for his name, she allowed a stranger into her house without a name."No!" She shook her head.

"No what?"

"He didn't say his name."

"Come on Tomike. Why won't you?"

"I was feeling very emotional because he looked clueless about Chima." Ada hugged her with her side. Tomike hid her face in Ada's shoulder and cried while Ada pets her rubbing her straight black wig.

                              ~~~~

Teniayo had expected that from Tomike but he wished he had said everything he wanted to let out the hurt he was feeling in his chest. To end the guilt he was always feeling every single day since he returned. He got into his car as planned on coming again, a week later when she has calmed down then he'd explain himself better.

He looked at the rear mirror from his car and frowned at his looks. He didn't look good at all, all the guilt he had been feeling for the two deaths he was responsible for made him look the opposite of himself. He hadn't planned his life to turn out like this at age twenty nine.