A date with Fate Part 1.

A,N: Hello dear readers I am back on track with arc v. thank you so much. 'bows'. I actually wanted to finish the next Zexal chapter, but I am kinda stuck so congratulation on this chapter lol. It is a long one at that. Hope it lives up to all your expectations. With further ado, have fun reading.

Normal p.o.v.

In some place rather mysterious and covered in an ominous aura was a girl sitting at a table dressed in a dark cloak with hoody. Books of occult stuff along with a lot of other magical trinkets were shown in the room. It was clear this place was decorated to resemble that of a fortuneteller. The girl currently in focus was placing some duel monsters' cards at the table. She giggled slightly at the cards and their outcome.

"Everybody is rushing all around afraid they won't get into the junior arc league championship, but I don't have to worry" the girl said to herself "My cards tell me that starting tomorrow I will win 6 duels in a row and get into the championship for sure and...".

The girl turned around the last card on the table. Her eyes widened in disbelief as she realized the outcome of that card just now. "Arcana force VI – the lovers" had appeared in the middle between all the cards.

"Oh my" The girl uttered rather flabbergasted as she now began daydreaming about this handsome man who was holding her in his arms, turning the girl rather lovey dovey.

An action that had her tumbled backwards, hitting the ground pretty hard. The girl groaned slightly as she recovered from that effect. She was soon at the table once again, revealing her long curly red hair and bright green eyes as she had lost her hoodie. She was staring at the card rather happily.

"The cards say I am going to meet my duel mate. Oh, this is just too much for me". The girl singsong the last part in happy cheers now.

Gili's p.o.v.

Time skip.

The door clicked open very slowly as I entered the house in the middle of the night. My latest session with Cami had been a bit longer than I expected. So much in fact that when we realized it was about to be sundown, I also had to run through the city from one of the nearest hideouts, which always were changing since Cami and the others were in fact on the run from LID and the corporation itself. For that reason, it took me a bit to get home. Too late in fact that I was sure my mom wouldn't approve. That was the reason I was sneaking inside. Mom had been to one of her cook lessons at one of the night schools in Paradise city. Maybe she hadn't gotten home yet. Or maybe she was but thought I was sleeping already. If I just managed to get to my room, I might could trick her into thinking I had been here all day.

"Gili!".

Or maybe not. I turned innocently towards my mom who of course had turned the light on in the entrance hall and were now looking at me with reproachful look. She was clearly not happy.

"Oh, hi mom, are you already home. I thought you were at your class" I said and tried to sound innocently. She of course saw right through me.

"It was over hours ago, but don't change the subject. Where were you?!" my mom demanded to know "What time is to arrive at this hour! You should be in bed young lady. What do you have to say for yourself?".

"I... I am sorry mom. I was just... out training for the championship and forgot the time" I told her, which wasn't a lie. My mom's eyes narrowed.

"Yuya is training too you know, but you don't see him outside after bedtime" she countered "Where were you really? You just got attacked some days ago. Are you in a gang or something? Is someone pressuring you into something by bullies again?".