In it to win it.

A,N: Hello my dear readers. I am so, so, so Sorry for the late update. I tried to write on this millions of times but every time I tried, I hit a block. After a lot of time hitting that rock I finally managed to start. Happy for you my readers. After all I finally updated. Just so you know there is no duel in this chapter. Might be a while before we have any really but hope the action in this chapter compensates for that. Have fun reading though and please comment on what you think so far.

Gili's p.o.v.

"Ladies and Gentlemen's. The match for the semifinals is over and Gili Sakaki advances to the finals" the commentator announced cheerfully "She is one step in becoming pro. Give her a big hand!". I waved enthusiastically with my hands to the cheering crowd and they went wild. A giant smile was plastered on my face now. I couldn't believe the cheers from the crowd and my so-called fans. It was everything I ever wanted. My deep phoenix was squeaking happily beside me before the arc system got cut off.

"Thank you all so much. Thanks for believing in me. I could never do this without you!" I uttered happily to everyone.

"Gili! Gili! Are you there? I am talking to you!" a voice suddenly said and made me wake up from my daydream.

I found myself sitting at the table in the kitchen, while Yuya was waving a worried hand in front of me. In his left hand he was having a pancake. Heat roamed in my checks as I tried looking away. I never daydreamed at the table before. It was embarrassing.

"I am sorry Yuya. I was lost in thoughts" I replied slowly.

"You seem far away" Yuya mumbled slowly "You were not responding to any of my calls. What were you dreaming about?".

Then my brother stuffed his face with food once again. All which made me wonder why the heck we were related. Him eating sometimes were extremely gross.

"Whatever it is, it must be important. Who could daydream when eating mom's amazing pancakes?" Yuya continued which of course earned him another one for our mother because she liked the compliment.

He clearly had learned that from Sora. My eyes flickered from the other chair at the table. That was the seat where Sora always were when he was eating here. It was weird not having him here. However, after the disagreement with the other students at You show, Sora just hadn't showed up yet. I just hoped he was okay.

"Gili you are not eating" our mother Yoko pointed out, which made me poke even more with the fork at my pancake. I was not sure how to say this.

"You are not sick, are you? You always eat my food" Yoko said and began walking over to check the temperature on my forehead. I didn't let her.

"I want to be a dueltainer!" I uttered in a firm tone clearly surprising everyone. "I wanna overcome my duel phobia and be a pro duelist. Just like that".

"Oh, sweety that is wonderful" my mom then stated and pulled me into a hug "I am sure your dad would be so proud. I am", Shyness came over me as I suddenly felt rather flustered. I could see my brother state at me though.

"But I don't understand. I already thought you were a dueltainer sis. You just been fearful about that. What made you so determined all of the sudden?" Yuya then asked. Heat once again rose through my face now as embarrassment hit me.

"I... I... Your duel with Declan!" I then uttered loudly "None of us could defeat him. We were about to lose our school! I want to be stronger! I want to enter the arc league championship and beat you Yuya!".