Prologue.

The moon was shining brightly in the sky as the wreckage of a destroyed city was shown in the background. I was running through tahe city as fast as my feet's could carry me. I had to get away. Sounds of fighting could be heard, and blasts were flying all around, destroying the city even more. I took cover from one of the blasts, then I continued running. If I didn't I would surely get killed. Or worse. Die a slowly painful death. Screams of horror and terror were heard all through the city, along with the other people who were running from this chaos. We all just wanted to survive. To live! Everything was just terrible and dreadful. Everything was happening so fast. I really couldn't comprehend it all. Why was this happening to us?! Then a new scream filled the air and battlefield. It was different. The scream was different in so many ways. Unlike everyone here, this scream was not filled with fear or dread. No, this scream was filled with hatred and anger, as well as agony. It rang through my head as no other voice ever had, and properly ever could.

"Your Bastard! Unforgivable! You're unforgivable!".

"I am sorry, but this way, you will not hurt anyone anymore!".

"We will reunite! We will reunite! You will see, I will revive!".

The next this I remembered was the pure darkness. The darkness was all around me, and stopped me dead in my tracks. What was happening here? Where was I? Then a growling sound could be heard, and I shuttered sacredly. Something was in here. In here in this darkness with me. That made me very, very frightened.

"Finally, I found you!" A voice said in a soft tone. "It is finally time".

"Who.. who are you?" I asked in a scared tone and backed some steps backwards. Shadows now slowly began engulfing me.

"Darkness awaits us... Revive...!".

Wind were suddenly blowing around me, and I had to shield myself, or I might have been blown away.

"Hurry, assemble the elements... Revive... him...".

"Darkness awaits... Revive me!".

I shook my head in a scared matter. I would also have tried to run for it, if it wasn't for the shadows moving even closer to me. They had actually wrapped around my body. It kind of immobilized me.

"I have waited a long time... You will not escape... Revive me!".

"Let me go! Please let me go!" I shouted and were fighting like hell, but nothing helped.

I was trapped inside. Wind was once again blowing around me. Then it was followed by the sound of dripping water, and for a second the shadows loosened their grip.

"Do... do it! You must... It is your destiny". The shadows emerged around me again.

"Yes, your destiny. Revive me...!".

This time light lit up. It was very tiny, but the I could see a tiny fire ball in front of me now. Then the ground shattered, along with the sound of thunder. I had no idea what was going on here.

"You have to... G..." This voice was coming from the fire ball, which stunned me a lot.

"Gill!" The shadows now said and chuckled.

"Gill...!".

"Gili, Gili wake up!".

"Come on Gill. You are stronger than a nightmare!".

Those voices was the first thing I heard. Then I felt light warm on my hands and shoulders, as someone shook me awake. I literally flew up from bed, and were gasping for air at the same time. I was shaking uncontrollable at first. Then when I finally had calmed down enough to focus, I found myself in my mom's arms. I could smell the shampoo from the golden, blond locks who hit her shoulders rather graceful. My mom were beautiful even with her hair hanging loose. She normally had it up in a long ponytail. Tonight she was of course dressed in nightgown, but like I said she was still very beautiful. My mom Yoko Sakaki.

"Finally calmed down Gili?" My mom asked as she carefully were pulling me out of her arms. She looked worriedly at me, as she washed my tears away. I nodded slightly. Yoko smiled a big smile as she let go of me.

"Oh that is a relief" she then replied "You make me worried with all those nightmares. How many nights has it been now?".

"Three times in a row" my brother responded, and I turned my head slightly at the bedside were my brother Yuya Sakaki was.

His tomato hair and red eyes were always something I found fascinating with him. However, right now those red eyes were filled with worry. He was usually like this, every time I had nightmares. Something I had got more often lately. Then Yuya lit up with a big smile and made a giant funny face that made me laugh so hard that I hiccupped.

"And that ladies and gentleman, was the purpose for this rounds entertaining" Yuya said and bowed to an invisible crowd. "To make my sister Gill laugh". I hiccupped once again, and sent him a little annoyed look.

"It.. It is not funny" I said slowly and hiccupped again ".. the shadow monster was.. gonna eat me". I hiccupped again, and could feel the gentle movement of my mom caressing my bluish hair. I looked up at her.

"Come now Gili. Remember what your father told you..".

"Try to laugh when you feel like crying..." Yuya continued and grinned.

".. and when things gets tough, respond with a smile.." I added "It will give you the strength to move forward". Yoko and Yuya nodded. I tried turning my frown upside down, and showed them a cheesy grin along with a very weird laughter.

"Yeah that's it!" Yuma uttered and pointed at me "Next time Mr. Shadow monster shows in your dream, Just make him laugh. He is properly a lonely monster who just wants some fun. See you can show him this new juggling move".

Yuya pulled out three small balls from his pants, and began juggling. Sadly he needed more practice because all the balls fell to the ground after two tries. That move made me laugh once again, which properly was Yuya's plan from the get go. Yuya was pretty good at making me laugh and smile. He had done that since we were kid. Since..

"I miss dad.." I mused out and hugged my mom "Do you think he is back soon?".

"Oh Gili.." my mom responded and pulled me into a hug "I am sure, he misses you too. You are after all one of his prides and joys".

I giggled a little at that. My name Gili meant Joy, or rejoice. That just showed how much joy I was to my parents on the day I was born. Gili Sakaki. Or Gill as my friends nicknamed me, which also were the name I preferred. That meant Youthful. I had used that, ever since my father disappeared. Arms wrapped around me now too, as Yuya of course wanted to be a part of this happy moment, and we of course let him. Then we all began to laugh. To laugh our problems away, and begin a new day with a lot of courage.