Chapter 3

"Mr Mask? Umm, you're mask.. it's cracked.." the girl with blue hair said as she blushed.
Sniper mask: "tsch. Why is she always blushing around me." He thought.
"I ran into a person on the way back, and they slammed the door on my face, cracking it. But it seems I have a certain amount of free will now."
Sniper mask: "I've been keeping tabs on the two girls, not sure who the third one is, but I think it'd be beneficial for you to stick with people rather than a mask."
Kuon: "but, Mr Mask, what will you do?"
Sniper mask: "well, I'll go back to doing what I was doing. Why?"
Kuon stayed quiet. She didn't want to separate from him.
With the crack that y/n gave Sniper mask, he started regaining some of his humanity back.

Sniper mask: "alright, go ahead and make your way across this bridge, they'll be right there."
Kuon: "what about you?"
Sniper mask: "I'll be right behind you. But I can't get too close without hurting any of them."
Kuon was hesitant but listening to him, making her way towards the 3 girls.
Kuon: "umm excuse me?"
The girls turned around.
Yuri: "hi.."
Kuon: "hi I'm Kuon, I'm wondering if I could tag along with you, you see, I was with a mask and he thought it'd be best if I stuck with you guys..."
Mayuko: "did you just say that you were with a mask???"
Kuon: "yes... he umm, he isn't a bad person."
Y/n: "tch."
Kuon turned to y/n, "he's not I promise, his mask is cracked and he's regained some of his free will."
Y/n: "did she say cracked?" She thought to herself.
Mayuko: "and why isn't he here now then?"
Kuon: "well if he sees a person, he'll attack without being in control of his body."
Mayuko grew suspicious, "then why didn't he attack you, huh?"
Kuon: "well because I'm one closer to God.." she said as she played with her fingers.
Mayuko squinted at her, trying to see if she was telling the truth.
Yuri: "mayu, just let her be. What reason would she have to be lying?"
Yuri welcomed Kuon to the group, after all, the more people the better.
The only human out of the group was y/n. She felt a little left behind since she couldn't help as much. Everyone's strengths and skills were heightened compared to hers.
Yuri came running up with a box, "hey guys! Look what I found!"
Mayu: "what is that?"
Kuon: "that's a faceless mask, umm if you wear it, it'll make you closer to God. You're skills will be heightened. You'll be stronger."
Yuri: "yeah it's just like the one I put on, y/n why don't you wear it?"
Y/n was skeptical about it. How did n she know it would work. How sure were they that it wouldn't turn her into a mask. Y/n turned to Kuon with suspicion.
Kuon: "it's different from the other masks y/n."
Y/n: "hmmm, well I do feel bad for being dead weight and not being able to help, I guess I'll just have to give it a try."
Y/n grabbed the mask and put it in. She seemed to be in a dream. A guide was telling her how the mask worked and what each thing meant. Within a few seconds, she woke back up to the where the girls were.
Yuri: "how do you feel?"
Y/n: "umm normal I guess."
Mayu: "why don't we see if it worked, well put y/n in a room with that sniper mask guy, and if he doesn't attack, we know it worked, and if he does, well, I guess we'll know if it didn't"
Everyone stared at Mayuko.
Y/n: "yeahhhhhh, no"
Yuri: "that's too dangerous Mayu, maybe the next time we run into another mask, y/n can join and test her abilities."
Y/n: "yeah that sounds like a better plan"
The girls went out to search for a mask, sending y/n out first. As expected, she had gained lots of strength.
Kuon: "looks like it worked" she said smiling.
Y/n: "thanks Yuri, now we definitely have a chance at getting out of this place."
Kuon was excited. Now that they weren't considered 100% a human, Mr. Mask could be with her now.
Kuon: "don't you think it would be a good idea to have Mr Mask here, he'd be a big help."
Mayu was a bit skeptical about it. And Y/n was nervous, after all, he did try to kill her multiple times. But now she stood a chance against him. Kuon called Mr Mask on her phone.
"Hello?"
Kuon: "Hi, umm Mr Mask, the girls and I think it's time for you to meet the rest of the group."
Sniper mask hesitated a bit. He was a very focused person, but to be surrounded by a group a girls made him nervous. He was a bit shy.
Kuon: "Mr Mask?"
Sniper mask: "ahem" he cleared his throat, "yeah, I'll head over."
The girls were planning how to get Yuris big brother back from the masks after he'd been kidnapped.
Kuon entered the room, "Yuri, Mayuko, y/n....."
They all looked up.
Kuon: "Mr Mask is waiting outside.."
Y/n froze.

Yuri: "are you okay y/n?"Y/n: "y-yeah

Y/n: "y-yeah. I'm fine." Y/n wasn't okay. She looked down, trying not to make eye contact. She heard the door open and footsteps got closer. From the corner of her eye, she could see Kuon blushing, smiling at Sniper mask.
Sniper mask: "umm, hello... Kuon really wanted me to be here..." his eyes met y/n's body.
"I wanted to apologize for the incident in the bathroom,.... and in the hallway..... as well as on the roof top..."
Y/n: "so it was him!" Y/n thought.
Y/n: "I-it's okay. You're not in control of your body anyways."
Y/n: "I need to get a drink of water."
She got up and nearly ran out of the room.
Mayu: "there's water on the table.." she shrugged her shoulders as she watched y/n walk out.
Sniper mask: "I'm going to go out and talk to her"
Yuri: "I think it's best if we give her some time to adjust, you can undertake traumatizing this world can be."
Sniper mask: "yeah you're right."
A few days went by, y/n avoided hun at all costs. If they were going anywhere, she'd walk ahead, so she wouldn't look at his back.
Y/n: "as long as I pretend that he's not here, everything should be fine."
Kuon was by his side every minute of the day.

Yuri and Mayuko went to investigate a building that was supposed to be right across from the building that her brother was supposed to be held captive in.
Kuon and y/n stayed behind. Sniper mask was out doing his own thing, trying to find answers to his questions regarding who he was.
Y/n: "I'm going to use this time to take a quick shower"
Kuon: "okay, I'm going to be in the other room preparing some lunch while the girls get back."
Y/n made her way to the bathroom, hopped in the shower and got cleaned up.
When she finished, she realized Kuon had taken her clothes to get it cleaned in the other room. She wrapped a towel around her body and walked out of the bathroom, drying her hair as she made her way to her clothes.
She stopped mid way, when she Sniper Mask sitting on the chair.
They both looked up, y/n shocked since it was her first time face to face with him in a while and sniper mask blushing from looking at her in a towel, finally seeing her face up front.
Sniper mask: "wow"
Y/n: "excuse me?!"
Sniper mask: "I'm terribly sorry, I didn't mean to say that out loud, I just... I've never seen you up close"
Y/n: "uhh you saw me when you attacked me..."
Sniper mask: "my vision was cloudy that time. My brain didn't process your face. I mean I literally saw the world kill stamped on your face.."
Y/n lightly giggled, "Ha, I guess that's true."
Y/n realized she was still in a towel, not wearing anything. Her face turned red. As she tried to walk away, a puddle formed around her, causing her to slip.
Sniper mask was fast, he got up and caught y/n before she hit the ground. Y/n was in his arms barely holding her towel. Y/n felt his muscular arms hugging her waist. His leather gloves right below her breast.
Y/n and sniper mask looked at each other for a while minute, breaking eye contact when they heard Kuon gasp.
Her face was red, she felt embarrassed but on top of that, she felt jealous.
Sniper mask stood y/n up. Y/n apologizing for her carelessness, "I'm sorry, that was an accident."
Sniper mask stood up straight, fixed his hat and tugged at his suit, fixing it, "it's alright, are you okay?"
Kuon sensed a gentle tone in Mr Masks voice, causing her to speak up, "here's your clothes y/n. I'm sorry I shouldn't have take them."
Y/n: "it's okay, I know you just wanted to clean them."
Kuon was upset that y/n was so close to Mr Mask. That was HER man. She didn't want anyone else close to him.