Chapter 26

Yuuka had a really bad feeling about this. The group walked along, Yuuka stopped, pulling Y/n back with him. "What are you not telling me?" He asked. Y/n froze, she didn't know how to tell him. She knew he'd disagree.
Y/n: "you're going to find out either way.." she said looking at the ground.
Yuuka tilted his head looking at her. "Please tell me you didn't do anything stupid..." Yuuka said.
'That's exactly what I did..' y/n thought.
Y/n: "just hear me out okay?"
Yuuka exhaled, he already knew what she was going to say.
Y/n: "the administrator is setting you guys free..."
"On what condition y/n??" He said raising his voice, cutting her off.
The group turned around when they heard his tone.
Y/n: "you're not listening!! You know you'd do the same thing!!"
Yuuka: "that's different. You're not wearing a mask, YOU still have a chance, I probably don't!"
Y/n: "if he started this, he can fix it! We made a deal!"
Yuuka: "are you listening to yourself?! The stupidity coming out of your mouth??? What if he doesn't hold his end of the deal? What then huh?"
Y/n felt tears for in her eyes, Yuuka had never spoken to her this way. "I'm not stupid..." she mumbled.
"I know that he has something up his sleeve, but I don't care, as long as you guys are free," she said, tears streaming down her face. Yuuka reached for her hand, but y/n snatched it away. "Y/n.." he said in a calm voice. Mayu walked up to y/n placing her hand on her shoulder. "I think we all need to calm down. We've all made rash decisions out of pressure. Some of us have said things we didn't mean..." she said looking at Sniper Mask glaring lightly. Yuuka turned his head to the side, guilty of letting the anger get the best of him.
"Y/n.. look-" Yuuka started.
Mayu cut him off, "why don't you go over there and have a time out." She said as she walked the opposite direction with y/n.
Rika and Yuri left the 2 alone to calm down. Hayami standing there olaying with his thumbs, not knowing what to do.
Rika: "she's not wrong Yu. I know you would have done the same.."
Yuuka rolled his eyes, looking the other way. "Glare all you want, you can't deny it," Rika said as he sat down beside him.
Yuuka: "do you have any idea what I felt watching her fall from that building..."
Rika: "I know..-"
Yuuka: "no, Rika, you don't. I finally found her. Now I have to prepare myself to feel like that all over again, but this time, I won't ever find her again.."
Rika: "I'm not disagreeing with you, but you have to understand that she was cornered. Y/n had no other option than to agree. Who knows what kind of person this so called administrator is like."
Yuuka exhaled, lighting a cigarette.
Rika: "all we can do now is figuring out a way around it." He said as he stood up patting his back. Yuuka turned to Rika, walking away.

Mayu hugged y/n trying to comfort her. "I'm sure he didn't mean what he said," she explained.
Y/n: "I know, but it's true. It was a stupid decision of my part."
Mayu: "no, it wasn't. If I had been in your shoes, I'd have done the same thing."
Y/n: "it is stupid tho. I could straight up be walking you guys into a trap, and it'd be all my fault."
Mayu: "hey, it may as well have been, but we're here. We have enough time to figure something out before we walk in there."
Mayu: "both of you just need to calm down and have a conversation. Hear each other out. He thought he lost you y/n, be patient with him."
Y/n hadn't thought of that. "He was out of it, finding ways... stupid ways if I may add... to try to find you," she said with a light tone, trying to cheer up y/n.
Mayu: "stay here, okay?" She said as she got up to walk away. She turned around before continuing, "and hear him out, otherwise I'll be back and you'll both sit here until you have a grown up conversation, got it??"
Y/n looked at her, slightly terrified. She hadn't seen this side of Mayu. Y/n viciously nodded her head.
Mayu walked towards Yuuka, Yuuka looking up at her. She got in his face and squinted at him, "go talk to her, and if you say something stupid again, I'll come back here and be forced to use my new toy on you," she said playing with her knife. Yuuka looked at her with wide eyes, leaning back.
Rika and Yuri looked at Mayu confused.
Yuri: "what... is she doing..?"
Rika smirked.

Yuuka got up and walked inside the building where Mayu had just walked out of. He looked around for y/n, spotting her. Y/n looked at him, moving over to make space for him to sit. Yuuka sat down. Silence between the two for a whole minute. The air was awkward between the two. Yuuka whispered, "I'm sorry for what I said."
Y/n looked up at the tall man sitting beside her, "I'm sorry too, I should have-"
Yuuka cut her off, "I'm scared to lose you again. I can't do that all over again." He said holding her hands.
Y/n saw the sadness in his eyes. She stood up and hugged him. Yuuka embraced her like a child that had lost his mother. "We'll figure something out," y/n said.
Yuuka took his mask off, looked up at her, and gave y/n a kiss.
"Hang on," he said running towards the door. Y/n was confused. Yuuka peeked out the door looking for the others. He made eye contact with Rika, winking at him, smirking. Rika rolled his eyes shaking his head. "What's wrong?" Yuri asked.
"Let's go find a place to spend the night, it's getting dark." He said. Mayu  rubbed her hands together giggling evily as she followed them.
Yuuka walked back to y/n smirking as he undid his tie slowly.