Chapter 22

As the Guardian Angel aimed at Rika once more, Yuri dashed to the Guardian Angel to stop her. Mayu tried to help y/n but she started to lose her balance after Yuri ran to the Angel.
Hayami ran to aid Mayuko. Before he could grab hold of her hand, a shot was fired. It hit the ledge that y/n was holding onto, making the concrete break. It was too late, y/n's hand let go when it broke. Sniper mask watched from the distance as y/n fell from the tall building.
Yuuka: "Y/N!!!!!!!!"
Her body kept falling until no one was able to see her anymore.

Y/n: "so this is it

Y/n: "so this is it...." a tear rolled down her cheek, "I'm sorry guys, I'm sorry Yuuka..."
Another shot was fired. Nobody knew where it hit though.
Yuuka sprinted to where the girls were. Mayu and Hayami saw him arrive but noticed that he ran straight down the stairs.
Mayu: "Sniper Mask!!!"
Yuuka: "I need to find a way down there!!"
Hayami: "she's dead..."
Yuuka and Mayu turned to Hayami.
Hayami: "Kuon is dead..."
Yuuka: "you can see? What about y/n?!"
Hayami: "I only get peeks. They come at me at random times. I haven't seen y/n, but Kuon just got shot."

Yuuka: "I'm loosing everyone I care about

Yuuka: "I'm loosing everyone I care about...." He thought to himself.
Yuuka fell to the floor, his mask started to glitch once again.
Mayu: "hey what's going on?!"
Yuuka was in his mind once more. Except this time, Kuon appeared.
Yuuka: "you're alive? But Hayami..."
Kuon: "I'm dead. Or atleast my body is dead..."
Yuuka"..."
Kuon: "I wanted to apologize to you before I left..."
Yuuka: "what do you mean?"
Kuon: "I shouldn't have gone to Mamoru to make a deal, it's my fault all of this is happening. I'm sorry Mr Mask."
Yuuka felt angry.
Kuon: "I'm sorry for acting like a child the entire time. I'm return, I'll give you my knowledge and capabilities to become one closer to God."
Yuuka: "why...."
Kuon: "I have no use for this anymore. I won't need it, and I'd like you to take them."
Yuuka: "how are you here.."
Kuon: "I have a little bit of time before my powers are taken from me. After that, I'll be gone."
Yuuka felt his heart ache. He cared for Kuon, although she acted out all of the time, she held a dear place in his heart.
Yuuka accepted her offer. With it, she terminated the mask that was controlling his mind.
Yuuka: "where is everyone?"
Kuon: "you'll be out for a little while recovering, when you wake up, I'll be gone."
Mayu carried Sniper mask to an isolated room, "good you're still breathing. You'll have to wait here for now until it's safe."
As Mayu stood watch, she noticed that 2 people were approaching from the distance.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you," he said watching Mayu reach for her knife.
"You, you're...."
"Rika... now where's the sniper mask?"
Hayami overheard the voices and tried shaking him awake. No use. He was out cold.
Mayu looked up at Rika, she was afraid. His body had a powerful aura.
Mayu spoke up loud, trying to hint Hayami to hide him, "the Snipe Mask isn't here, Rika and Mamoru..."
Rika: "I saw you drag him in here.."
Mayu: "Rika, Mamoru, I've told you, he's NOT HERE....."
Hayami overheard her and tried to carry his body somewhere else.
Rika and Mamoru pushed past Mayu and looked into the rooms. "See, he's not here" she said exhaling in relief.
Rika brought his face close to Mayu, their lips nearly touching, "where did he go?"
Mayu blushed, "I-I don't know. Last we saw, he ran to find a way down to the street."
Mamoru: "let's go Rika," he said as he walked away. Rika stood there, gazing at Mayu, "tch."
Rika thought to himself as he looked back at Mayu glaring, " she's kinda cute..."

Hayami finally got Sniper mask to wake up, "oh good, you're awake.."
Yuuka: "yeah, I'm soaking wet..."
Hayami: "I'm sorry it was the only way, Mamoru and Rika came in looking for you, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't to chat."
"Y/n!!" Yuuka thought to himself.
Yuuka: "I need to find her!"
Hayami: "y/n?"
Hayami: "I'll help you look but first let's wait for Mayu, she's going to be looking for us."
Yuuka: "you can wait here, I'm going to go find y/n, I can't lose her, she can't be dead..."
Hayami: "I know how you feel right now, you can't accept it, but there's no way she could have survived that fall, that skyscraper was too high Mr Mask.. I'm sorry..."
Yuuka: "no...." he said as he fell to his knees.