Chapter 2: The Experiment

Five years later

I am 12 now, and me and my siblings have been homeless for 5 years. Pietro works at the shoe factory while Wanda works at a restaurant. It's hard being homeless. One day, Wanda and Pietro come up to me with a flyer. On the flyer was a time, date, and place for us to go if we wanted to be part of an experiment. I really did not want to be a part of it, but since I am just a kid Wanda and Pietro made me. We get to the spot and I see an big building. Before I can take it all in, we are ushered inside. We are split up by age and gender. I am then brought to a room with all the other 12 and 13 year old girls to a room with no windows or doors. One by one each girl is taken out, and not brought back. At this point I am curled up against the wall wondering what is going to happen. The man is the Grey suit then calls my name. I slowly stand up and make my way over to him. He walks me to this room that is all white, and has a bunch of doctors in it. He straps me to a table and leaves.

"Ok my dear. Please state your name and age for me." One of the doctors say with a thick accent.

"Diana Maximoff, 12." I reply shakily.

"Now Diana, we are going to begin." The same doctor says before waving the others forward. They all have two syringes in there hands, and each one has ether a blue glowing liquid or a white glowing liquid. The original doctor plunges one syringe in, before taking the next one. Right when the liquid goes in I feel and excruciating pain. I start shaking and scream. The pain is unbearable. I have no idea how many things went in because after the 5th I blacked out.

When I woke up I was no longer in the same room with the doctors. Instead I was in a room with a single bed and a glass wall that I could see through. On the outside were many scientists, doctors, and soldiers. I at one point heard someone say "3 survivors." Soon, a doctor comes in again, gives me another painful shot and leaves. This was the routine for the next month. Wake up, shot, pain, eat, shot, pain, sleep, repeat. After a month I started feeling different. It was like I had more energy at night when it was dark. How is that possible, no idea. After that day I stoped getting painful blue shots, instead, I got the white one, but those were not painful at all. I started getting stronger and stronger, and one day everything exploded. Darkness consumed my cell, and I felt powerful. I moved the darkness to my will, and ended up collecting it. When I let the darkness go, I could still feel the energy, and lifted up the blocks with my mind. They were surrounded by a dark mist like substance, and I new that the experiments worked.

For the next week they gave me different things to test my powers on. Blocks, brick, cats, flowers. Many different things, but throughout it all, I could only think of my siblings. I prayed they were alive, but I did not know. However, I did know that there were two life forces beside me. I only knew this because when it was dark at night, I could feel there forces. It gave me hope that those were my siblings.

After that week I was brought to a training room, and I saw my brother and sister again. We ran and hugged each other tight. We were told to demonstrate our abilities, and I found that Pietro got super speed, and Wanda got something similar to my powers, except she did not draw energy from anywhere. She created it. When I showed my talent, they were shocked. I drew there shadows to grab them, and indulged myself in the shadows where I could not be seen.

From that day forth me and my siblings saw each other at training, and spent a good amount of time talking to each other. We were finally happy, and eventually can get our revenge.

———————————————————————————