Chapter 3: 60s

Diana's POV

Agnes comes into my house early in the morning getting me to get up and get ready

Agnes comes into my house early in the morning getting me to get up and get ready. I get out of bed and put on my dress before giving Luke a kiss and leaving the house with Agnes. We go down the road and see Wanda.

Agnes seems to startle her when saying, "Look, it's the star of the show."

"Agnes. I'm sorry, what did you say?" Wanda asks.

Agnes looks at her like it's obvious, "Oh, I brought my pet rabbit. For your magic act."

Wanda has a look of realization, "Yes, of course! Thank you Agnes. We will take good care of him."

Wanda takes Señor Scratchy from her.

Agnes goes on talking about her rabbit. "Señor Scratchy just loves the stage. He played baby Jesus in last year's Christmas pageant."

Wanda seems surprised, but I mean who isn't shocked by what Agnes says. Wanda then leaves to go back into her house to get something so me and Agnes wait outside when Dennis walks outside. We both greet him and he answers back.

"Stick 'em up." Agnes says pointing finger guns at him.

He raises his hands stating, "Don't shoot, I'm just a messenger."

Agnes and I laugh.

Wanda soon comes back out and we all start our walk to Dottie's. I notice Wanda looking back at her bushes, but there could have not been anything there.

Agnes interrupts my thoughts, "So, are you two ready to meet Queen Cul de Sac and her Merry Homemakers?"

Wanda looks at her is disbelief, "Agnes, Dottie can't be as bad as you say.

I reply with, "I mean I met her once. She brought me a welcome basket. She seemed nice. I mean she has already invited me to join her at a bake sale she is planning."

Agnes looks at me, "Hmm, well you'll notice her roses bloom under penalty of death. She might be nice to you now, but just you wait Diana."

Agnes stops walking and turns to me and Wanda, "can I give you both a bit of friendly advice?

Wanda looks down, " Is it about the way I'm dressed?"

Agnes nods but then shakes her head. "Yes, but it's too late for that. Diana is at least decently dressed. But listen good, Dottie is the key to everything in this town. Country club memberships, parties, school admissions." She said pointedly.

I clap my hands excitedly. "oh me and Luke have been trying for a while now"

At the same time Wanda says, "Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves."

"Ether way, You get in with Dottie and it'll be smooth sailing from here on out. Just mind your Ps and Qs and you're gonna do just fine." She tells us.

"Or maybe I could just be myself? More or less?" Wanda says