Chapter 3: They will come After Us!

Diana POV

Me, Wanda, Vision and Steve walk down to the room. We sit down and Tony brings in Secretary Ross.

Secretary Ross starts, "Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass . . . I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective. The world owes the Avengers an un-payable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives . . . but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some . . . who would prefer the word "vigilantes"."

Natasha says, "And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?"

Secretary Ross states, "How about "dangerous"? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind? You even have a child." He turns and looks at me. He then clicks a button and turns on a screen.

"New York."

The screen shows the battle of New York with the Chitari Army and all the destruction.

"Washington DC."

It shows Steve and Sam running around and terror in peoples eyes.

"Sokovia."

The screen shows people running around for their lives and the building flying. Me and Wanda stiffen at this.

"Lagos."

The screen now shows me being carried out unconscious by paramedics. I don't remember that but ok.

Steve noticed my sisters stiffness. "Okay. That's enough."

"For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution."Secretary Ross hands Wanda a book which she passes to me. " The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries . . . it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organization. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary."

"The Avengers were formed to make the world a safer place. I feel we've done that." Steve fires back.

Secretary Ross states, "Tell me, Captain, do you know where Thor and Banner are right now? If I misplaced a couple of 30 megaton nukes . . . you can bet there'd be consequences. Compromise. Reassurance. That's how the world works. Believe me, this is the middle ground."

"So, there are contingencies." Rhodes says.

"Three days from now, the UN meets in Vienna to ratify the Accords. Talk it over." He says.

"And if we come to a decision you don't like?" Natasha Questions.

"Then you retire." Secretary says.........

—————————Time skip——————————
San and Rhodes start arguing, but I don't pay attention. I am more focused on what I am going to do. Since I am technically not an actual Avenger I can't retire or sign, but if I could would I? Both sides so far have a point. Tony is right with trying to keep us together, but also keeping us from causing to much damage. Steve is also right though with the taking responsibility. This is so confusing. My brain is pounding, but I suddenly feel Steve out in the shadows by the hall. I run out following him. I find him by the steps and give him a big hug.

"Hey, it's ok. Everything is going to be ok." I say to him. We talk for awhile and he asks me to go to the funeral. Of coarse I say yes as I cannot say no to him right now. I walk back into the room and still here yelling.

"THATS IT!!" I yell. Everyone stops what they are doing and looks at me. "I know you all are in different sides here, and that's ok. But right now, we all need to make one decision. Both sides are right about different things, so maybe we could make a compromise. But if anything is going to happen you need to STOP FIGHTING LIKE TODDLERS!" Everyone stares for a second then continues arguing. Seeing as they won't listen to me I storm out of the room. I am furious. Just because I am the youngest does not mean I am the stupidest. I have common sense. Which they seem to be lacking. I decide enough is enough. I use my powers and hold everyone still. They are trapped in there chairs and not able to speak. I never knew I could do this but it's coming in handy. "I thought I was the child here. Now stop arguing like teenagers and work together. We are a team." I let them all go cautiously.

"No offense Short-stuff, but your a child. You don't understand what's going on so your not apart of this. Leave the adults to talk. Your not apart of the team."Tony says. That comment stings. I might not be as old as then but Im still a part of this team. I start crying when no one contradicts him. Not even my own sister. I run to my room.

"Friday, please turn on the sound proofness of the room." I say.

"Yes Ms. Maximoff." I then start to scream to get all my frustration out. These people don't listen to me! They are so annoying! I hate them all.

———————————————————————————