Book 2, Chapter 1: Destruction

Diana's POV

Hey everyone, I am Diana, and for the past two years I have lived with the Barton's. I know. They are famous, Hawkeye is my adopted father. About a year after living with them they officially adopted me. Every other weekend I would go to the Avengers compound to train and see my sister, but for six months I have only come in for missions. I don't do missions often, just some small ones or ones that might need my powers. Today is Friday, and I have school.

When I get to school i find my friend Jenna. Everyone at school wants to be my friend because of my powers, but I taught them that I don't care last year. When I first came everyone wanted to be my friend and see my powers. To stop people from coming and asking me I would do that same thing each and every time. I would pretty much just make a little shadow tornado in my hand and lift it to the sky. After doing that about 100 times people stopped asking and I found my real friends. Jenna and Katy. We are buds for life now. They never ask me to do any magic for them, and they never ever ask me to do anything I don't want to. Jenna is like the over outgoing one. She has vibrant red hair, and is always excited about something. Katy is the one that is extremely smart, but still has fun. She has blonde hair, and always has a book with her. I am the one that is a mix of both of them. I am extremely smart, and I love to be excited, but I am more chill and kind. I will never turn someone down if they need help. Well enough about my friends, let's talk about what happens after school. Today I have to go on a mission to Lagos with my sister, Sam, Natasha, and cap. I am so excited. I am 16 now, so they let me go on some more missions then before.

After my classes I walk outside to see Wanda in a car. I hop in and we talk about our lives. I can't wait for this mission.

———Time skip to Lagos Because lazy————

I am hiding in the shadows near a cafe. I am observing the world without them seeing me.

"Hey Sam, check that Garbage truck." Cap says.

"It's loaded to full weight and the driver is armed." Sam says and I realize what it is.

"It's a battering ram." I say.

"Go now!" Cap yell. We all run. The garbage truck hits the bridge and it collapses. Then four yellow vans drive into the area. Our step many guards.

"I count 7" Sam says on the comms. I pop out of the shadows and bend there shadows to knock out 2 men. "5" Sam corrects.

Wanda gets Cap into the building, and Wanda gets the gas out. While she is working I protect her. I create a shield with my saved energy and send it at the men. They fall to the floor. The next bit goes in a bit of a daze. Natasha almost gets blown up, and Romallo gets the weapon. His men split up and so do we. I head over with Sam. We take down the guys with ease, but they don't have it. "We got nothing." I say into the comms. I run into the shadows and over to Natasha. She is being held at gunpoint and someone is going to drop the weapon. I sneak up behind the man, but before I grab the weapon Sam shoots him. I quickly drop to the floor and grab it before it cracks. When I catch it, I sigh in relief. Natasha refuses to thank Redwig, but before we continue I see an explosion in a building. I spring into action. I hand Natasha the vial, and go into the shadows. I get in the building and try to hold the frames. It's difficult but I manage. My energy is depleting, but I push on.

"Go!" I yell at the people left on this floor. I somehow manage to indulge the flames with my shadows and contain them. I then teleport to the next floor when I know that the one floor is clear. I check the next couple of floors and see them all clear. Before I can get out though, I faint from the overexertion of my powers.

————————————————————————

A/N so if you can't imagine what it looks like, this is what I think it is like. It kinda like the ball of energy Wanda uses, but purple and pushing the flames away instead of into the building.

 It kinda like the ball of energy Wanda uses, but purple and pushing the flames away instead of into the building