Chapter 4: Battle of New York

Diana POV

We all get to our time stamps and Bruce heads out. Me and Steve are connected by comms to Tony. I'm in the shadows looking for the stone while Tony and Scott are talking about caps behind. It's really weird. I find it and say in my comms, "I found the stone, I'm using my skills as a hydra agent to do this, Steve, meet me on 4th floor." I then cut my comms off and get in the elevator with the agents.

"I am here to take the scepter to Strucker." I say letting my accent shine through. I then lean down into one of the men's ears saying, "hail hydra." He then secretly hands me the brief case and let's me walk out perfectly fine. On the way I hand it to Steve to takes it out. It would be weird if Steve was walking around with me so he was taking it himself. I leave Steve on the floor and walk away, but turn around quickly when I hear a crash. Both Steve's are fighting so I hold them both in place. They both look the same so I don't know who's who. I walk out into the open and see both steves sigh in relief.

"Get him agent, he's Loki in disguise." I grab the scepter and point it at the Steve who spoke. He passes out and I let my Steve go. We head outside when Tony comes up saying they lost the stone.

"Wait, guys," both of the older men shut up but Scott is still talking. "Scott, I need you to take the scepter back to our time. I know where we can get the stone and more particles." Scott reluctantly takes the scepter and leaves. I turn to the others. "Set your watch to this date." I show them the watch I just set the date into. They do it and understand what's happening. We travel there and I look at the others. I see a bunch of clothes we could use so I hand a suit to Tony, a uniform to Steve and I take a Dress for myself.

 I see a bunch of clothes we could use so I hand a suit to Tony, a uniform to Steve and I take a Dress for myself

It's simple but professional for me. We all decide me and Tony will get the stone while Steve gets particles. I walk in first followed by Tony and Steve. We all get into an elevator. Since Natasha taught me how to become a great spy I stood confident. I pressed the button for floor 5 and stood tall. I did not smile. When Tony got out Steve started to act weird. I saw the look the woman was giving him and started looking at him the same. Steve was really confused and furrowed his brows. It was then my stop so I got out but continued to look at him. This made the other woman trust me so she knew I also thought he was strange. I looked at her and subtly nodded. I got out and went to look around. Though I was looking around I did not look confused or lost. I looked like I new right where I was going. I found the lab and started looking for the tesseract. I eventually found it but ran into Tony and Howard stark talking. They were walking and talking but I could hear hesitation in Tony's words. I hear tony say his name is Howard Potts so I follow along with it and make his story believable.

"Howard Dear, what are you doing at my workplace? And why in the world do you have my Briefcase?" I politely say.

"Oh hi honey, I was sent here to do a project. We talked about this I thought." He asks playing along. He is definitely confused but he better not screw this up.

"Oh this is where you were working on the new project. You did not tell me you would be at work with me?" I said as if it was the most obvious reason.

"I'm sorry." Tony/Howard said.

"Well that's ok, hi, I'm Diana Potts." I say looking at the older Stark.

"Ahh yes, Howard Stark." He says shaking my hand.

"Lovely to meet you, Well honey I'm now off work so shall we go home?" I ask Tony.

"Yes dear. It was lovely to meet you Howard."

"You too Potts." He says.

We walk off and outside and go to the place to meet Steve. Steve's not there yet so me and Tony talk.

"Why did you barge into the conversation?" He asks me.

I look at him and state, "because you don't know how to blend in. Once you left the elevator the women in there was suspicious, I acted along, but I needed to make it so you did not accidentally say something to your father." I look at him rather pointedly. He agrees with me and we wait for Steve. Eventually Steve comes out and we travel back to our time.

———————————————————————————
A/N hi everyone! Thank you for reading this far in my book. I did not think many people would read my book at all but here we are! I love you all so much!

 I did not think many people would read my book at all but here we are! I love you all so much!