Chapter 5: Gone

Diana's POV

We all get back and Bruce asks, "Did we get them all?"

Rhodey looks around and says, "You telling me this'll actually work?"

After a moment of hesitation I realize Natasha is missing. I then ask, "Clint, where's Nat?"

The silence from Clint tells me all I need to know. The mission was completed but at a dire cost. Sadness overtakes everyone. Bruce falls to his knees and pounds the floor in grief.

I head outside with Bruce, Clint, Thor, Steve, and Tony. They start talking about how Natasha is not coming back and I give Clint a big hug.

Bruce turns to us and states, "She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to."

Steve being the positive person he is says, "We will."

We all head inside the Avenger's Lab. Tony carefully places the stones in the gauntlet he made while Bruce and Rocket watches. With nervous precision, Tony manipulates the machine and carefully places all six stones into the gauntlet

Rocket then yells, "Boom!"

We all jump a bit, and quickly groan at Rocket's joke. Everyone is gathers around the gauntlet.

Rocket looks around and states, "All right. The glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freaking fingers?"

Thir speaks up, "I'll do it."

Everyone looks at Thor while Scott states, "Excuse me?"

Thor looks back, "It's okay."

Everyone starts to push Thor back. "No, no, no, whoa. Stop. Stop. Wait a sec. Hey, hey–"

Steve speaks up, "Wait, wait, Thor, just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet."

Thor looks at him, "I'm sorry. What, we're just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?"

"We should at least discuss it." Scott says.

"No, no, sitting here staring at that thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty." Thor responds.

"It's not about that–" Tony starts but it cut off.

Thor hushes everyone up, "It's not that– Stop it! Just let me! Just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something right."

Everyone looks at Thor while Tony states, "Look– It's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent, I'm telling you, you're in no condition."

Thor looks at Tony in disbelief, "What do you– What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?"

"Cheez Whiz?" Rocket states.

"Lightning." Thor corrects him.

Thing sarcastically states, "Yeah."

"I'll do it." I state.

Everyone starts to object to my statement but I hush them.

"I'm one of the only that will survive with being affected. The experiments made it so I absorb power from the stones so theoretically I could where the glove and snap without any effects on my health."

Tony and Bruce start to think this through, Tony then speaks up, "as much as I hate to admit it, I think it has to be Diana. She's the only one who would not be effected." Everyone steps back while I step up to the glove. I breathe calmly.

I put my hand in the gauntlet and everyone gasps. I look down and see myself glowing. This is not what I expected. I feel fine, just more powerful. I think this will actually work. I think about bringing everyone back to now and snap. However nothing happens. The stones don't glow like they did with thanos, it all looks the same.

"Did it work?" Clint asks. Everyone looks around. After about 20 minutes we determined that it did not work and someone else will need to snap.

"It should be me." Thor steps forward again after I take the glove off. "I have lighting running through my veins."

"Lightning won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me." Bruce states.

Thor lets go of Tony.

"You saw what those stones did to Thanos. It almost killed him. None of you could survive. Diana was the only one, but she absorbs to much of its power for it to work that way." Bruce states.

Steve looks at Bruce, "How do we know you will?"

"We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma." Banner states taking a good look at the gauntlet, "It's like...I was made for this."

Tony looks at Bruce, "Good to go, yeah?"

Banner steps forward, "Let's do it."

Tony then states, "You remember– everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago and just bringing them back to now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years."

"Got it." Bruce states.

Everyone gets ready and suits up. I make a force field around Bruce to contain it.

I suddenly notice the Avengers facility going on lockdown.

Banner whispers, "Everybody comes home.0

Bruce puts on the gauntlet, which nanobotically expands to fit his hand, and the power surge overwhelms him. He grunts in pain.

Thor then shouts, "Take it off! Take it off!"

Steve stops Thor from running into my force field. "No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?"

Tony looks up, "Talk to me, Banner."

"I'm okay. I'm okay." Bruce states.

Bruce screams, fighting through the intense pain coursing through his body courtesy of the gauntlet, and manages to snap his fingers. He faints and the gauntlet slides off his arm, I take the force field down and Clint kicks the gauntlet away. We all rush to help Bruce.

"Did it work?" Bruce asks.

Scott walks towards the outside windows and sees plants and birds. I join him on the side. Clint hears his phone ringing and sees it's his wife calling

Clint walks over to the phone and answers. However he starts crying. "Honey. Honey."

I then state, "Guys– I think it worked!"

Everyone goes to celebrate when a huge explosion happens. I fall to the group near Steve.

———————————————————————————
A/N For everyone who has not seen Endgame, read this next part.

So on screen you see nebula get captured by 2014 thanos and 2014 nebula goes in her place. This nebula then opens the portal for Thanos and his army to come, that's what the explosion was.

Now, I love you all, that's for reading! I hope you enjoyed!