Hypotheticals... In Which You're A Terrorist In Cahoots With The Kiheitai

note- if you have not seen/ watched up to episode 300+ yet, the beginning will have some spoliers about the kihetai. also, this chapter has no relation to the main story, this is a special chapter about 'what if' MC had joined the kihetai.

A cool breeze had passed by you, almost lifting the large straw hat off the top of your head. Your eyes watched as the large group of predominantly men, stood by a hill that looked down at a young blonde-girl tied up to a wooden cross-like stand.

"Another Jōi Rebel hunt?"

"What has the world come to?"

"That girl was targeted because she was seen with-" It was as if time had stopped when you turned towards your left. Dulled green eyes had connected with yours - it felt incredibly familiar, that is, seeing those pupils. "Takasugi Shinsuke."

"...Has fate led us together?" you asked yourself, believing that a thing such as fate existed. You quickly left the scene, leaving the presumed Takasugi and the man with the shamisen. "Man... I feel bad for the poor girl. Should I go back and save her?"

Your question was left unanswered as you sat down in the nearest bushes, hiding from officials. After all, those wielding swords after the Sword Ban were to be imprisoned. When you opened your eyes after a long thoughtful conversation with yourself, it was met with a sight. That is, the sight of a dagger pointed at your face.

"Uh- Can I help you... Dagger-san?"

"Wh-What?" A girl's voice had come from the weapons direction. It appears that your large hat was covering your general view; you only noticed that the girl who was tied up just a few moments ago, was in front of you... holding a blade to your face. "Leave now, or I'll kill you."

"You do realise that you don't own this bush?"

"I need this bush to keep a look out at that prison!" she harshly whispered.

"Then go to the other bush! I was here first."

"Are you five?!" the girl groaned and sat beside you. "...Are you a terrorist too?"

"What makes you think that?"

"You have a sword? That should be quite obvious."

"Girl, you are getting on my nerves," you took off your hat and placed it in your lap. "Well, to answer your question. I guess I would be considered a terrorist; but I can't let go of my sword no matter what. Either way, being an underground doctor- er, nurse comes with consequences. One person is all it needs to get the entire situation shut before the Bakufu come."

"A nurse, huh? And a sword too," she muttered. "Oh yeah, who are you?"

"I should be asking you that. You threatened me with a dagger and shook it off like it was nothing."

"What else was I supposed to do to get you to move? ...I'm Kijima Matako."

"[last name] [name]. So, acclaimed terrorist..." with a smirk, you asked. "are you gonna destroy the world? Or perhaps change it?"

"I... I want to do- I want to do whatever Takasugi-san does. He's the perfect person to lead the world into a better situation. But... he won't accept me."

"You're young, Matako-chan. I'm sure he's just thinking about your fut- Actually, no he probably won't be thinking that."

"He saved me before, you know? He cut the rope that was tying me to the wooden post... That's why I'm here at this prison. I want to get him out."